Epilogue

040. viraliya .

feb. 14, 2031.

8:30 p.m.

I sat on the couch, closing my book. Ryan stumbled into the room, clearly drunk.

"Ryan," I murmured, standing up. "Did you seriously have to drink tonight? Of all nights? I want to spend time with you." I brought my hands to his shoulders.

He shrugged me off. "I'm sure you're lovely, but I have a wife." he staggered over to the other side of the living room, laying down on the floor. I deadpanned, staring at him dumbfounded for a few seconds.

"Ryan, I am your wife."

"Really?" He rolled over. "Ohh, Viraliya!" a stupid grin formed on his face as he opened his arms. "Come here, love."

I frowned, walking over and kneeling down in front of him. He wrapped his arms around me, pulling him down with him. He pressed his lips to the top of my head. "You're so beautiful."

I smiled, looking up and brushing his hair out of his face. "I love you."

"I love you more." he pressed his lips to mine.

"Don't start that." I glared at him.

Ryan chuckled, his breath carrying a hint of alcohol. "But it's true, love. I love you more than anything in this world."

I shook my head, a mixture of frustration and amusement bubbling inside me. "You always say that when you're drunk."

He blinked at me, his gaze suddenly becoming more focused. "But it's true," he repeated, his voice softening. "And I say it when I'm sober as well."

I felt a warmth spread through my chest, despite my irritation. Ryan could be infuriatingly reckless at times, but moments like these made it all worth it. "I love you too, you idiot," I whispered, leaning in to kiss him gently on the lips.

He responded eagerly, his arms tightening around me as if afraid I might slip away. For a moment, everything else faded away, and it was just the two of us, lost in each other's embrace.

He took my hand in his, kissing the ring on my finger. "I'm so lucky."

040. bella . (deceased)

feb. 14, 2031.

8:30 p.m.

"Damn, that's crazy." I muttered, pushing up my glasses with my middle finger. 

Varian snorted. "At least they're not fucking."

I shrugged. "I could care less as long as they're happy." I gazed down at them, sighing. "I'm glad she's finally happy."

Varian turned to me. He tilted his head to the side. "For some reason I feel like we're supposed to be together."

I squinted my eyes. "And for some reason I feel the exact same thing. But not in a weird way," I waved my hand in the air. "Just, like.. a past life, maybe."

"Have we had any past lives?" he scooted forward. "Let me look at the globe."

I nodded, passing it to him. He brushed his fingers against it, and I tuned out his annoying mutters, watching Vira and Ryan stupid and in love from here. 

"Dude."

I raised an eyebrow, turning to Varian. "What?"

"If I told you you were a princess in a past life, would you believe me?"