033. viraliya .

apr. 6, 2024.

2:04 p.m.

"Kate?!"

I raised my eyebrows, whipping my head to the side. I saw Rene huddled in a corner, looking terrified. I dashed towards him. "Rene!!"

"How did you get here?!" he stammered as I kneeled down.

"Not important. Most likely the same way you did." I glanced over at the apparition then back to him. "Do you have any idea of how to get out of here?"

He shook his head. "She offered me a deal, but I didn't want to kill anyone."

I narrowed my eyes. "Do you know what this place is?"

"She said it's her boundary. I don't really understand anything she told me."

"All I need to know is if it's possible to kill her."

His eyes widened. "You can't do that, she's already dead!"

I watched her as she continued dancing around the room, seemingly oblivious to me and Rene's conversation. "If Bella hasn't came to me yet after being dead for this long, I think it's safe to assume there's a way to kill ghosts."

"She's an apparition, not a ghost."

"What's the difference?"

He shrugged.

I sighed, frustration bubbling up inside me. "Well, whatever she is, we need to find a way out of here before she decides to make us part of her stupid little game."

Rene nodded, his eyes darting nervously around the room. "I agree, but how do we do that? She seems to have control over this place."

I scanned the room, searching for any clues or objects that might help us escape. "Maybe there's a way to break her hold on this place. Have you tried anything to disrupt her?"

Rene shook his head. "I've been too scared to do anything. I didn't want to make her angry."

"She's a child."

"That just makes it worse."

I glared at him. "Do you know her name?"

He nodded. "I can't say it or else I'll die. She said to just call her number two."

I frowned at the revelation. "Great, a ghost with a name we can't even speak. That's helpful."

"I still don't know your real name, either."

"You'll figure it out when I'm 6 feet under." I spat out. He blinked, unable to form a response. I slowly stood up, clearing my throat. "Hey, Number Two!" 

She opened her eye, pausing her dance. "It's Lavinia."

"Very funny." I crossed my arms. "I know I can't say your name."

"That's no fun," she frowned, tilting her head to the side. "I'm really not a bad person, but I don't want to disappear."

"Then fight me." I opened my arms.

"What?!" Rene yelled. "You can't fight her! That's a death wish!"

"You think I can't beat her?" I looked down at him. "I'm almost offended."

Rene's eyes widened in disbelief, his mouth hanging open in shock. "Are you serious?! You can't possibly think you can fight her! She's not human!"

I shrugged. "I don't see any other way out of here. We can't just sit around and wait for her to decide our fate."