034. ryan .

apr. 8, 2024.

6:11 p.m.

I sighed, slinging my bag over my shoulder as I walked out of the police station. The rain hit me rudely, almost immediately soaking my hair and clothes. I grumbled, pushing my hair out of my eyes.

"Ryan?!" I heard someone yell, and I blinked, turning around. 

I dropped my bag onto the ground, dashing down the sidewalk. "What the fuck happened?!"

Rene panted, carrying Viraliya in his arms, she was covered in blood. "She fought this ghost, and I swear I'm not crazy—"

"Give her to me!" I yelled, ripping her out of his arms. I held Viraliya close, feeling the weight of her body in my arms. Her own blood stained my clothes. Panic surged through me as I searched for any sign of life.

"Rene, what the hell were you thinking?! We have to get her to a hospital!" I snapped, my heart racing as I assessed her injuries.

"I was trying to bring her here! I didn't think twice, I just picked her up and ran!"

"I'm taking her to the hospital. Go home, that's an order!"

He nodded, turning around and running. I breathed heavily, carrying her in my arms. The hospital wasn't far from here. Just down the street.

"Ryan, it hurts," she whispered.

"I know, love."

The rain poured down harder, making it difficult to see through the thick curtain of water. Each step felt heavier than the last as I hurried towards the hospital, my heart pounding in my chest with every beat. Viraliya's words echoed in my mind, sending a shiver down my spine. I couldn't lose her, not now.

"Stay with me, Viraliya," I whispered, my voice barely audible over the downpour. Each word carried a desperate plea, a silent vow to keep her safe.

As I reached the hospital doors, they slid open with a whoosh. "She needs immediate attention!" I called out, my voice strained.

Without hesitation, they whisked her away on a gurney, disappearing behind double doors. Left alone in the hallway, I sagged against the wall, my legs suddenly weak with relief and exhaustion.

"Sir?" I awoke to a nurse shaking my shoulder. "Are you here waiting for Ms. Morandi?"

I rubbed my eyes, looking up. "Huh? Oh, yeah."

"You can expect her to be discharged in about a week. You're free to visit, but our visiting hours are closed, so unless you have other business with us, you'll have to go home."

I nodded, trying to shake off the remnants of sleep. "Thank you," I murmured, standing up from the uncomfortable hospital chair.