XIV- daytime drama

"You should tell him"

Dana closed her locker and glared at Robin incredulously at the suggestion.

"Me?! Why me? We're not even on speaking terms right now" Dana replied.

"You guys have been friends longer and maybe it'll fix your friendship" Robin said.

Dana sighed as she tried to think of how to approach Steve with the newfound information her and Robin had.

They had seen none other than Nancy all cosied up with Jonathan in the food court. She had a cap on to try and conceal herself but Dana knew exactly who it was. She was surprised she was bold enough to be with Jonathan out in public not just once but twice when everyone knew she was with Steve.

"We don't have any proof" Dana said pursing her lips.

"We don't need proof, we're his best friends" Robin said throwing her hands up.

Dana noticed Steve walk in the front doors and she became nervous at the thought of confronting him especially when they weren't on good terms.

Robin motioned for him to come over and she looked at Dana to initiate the conversation. She wished she didn't need to be the one to tell him but she knew that she would want him to tell her if the roles were reversed.

"We need to tell you something" Dana said.

"Oh yeah?" Steve replied looking unimpressed.

His gaze was focused elsewhere and he only looked like he was half paying attention which annoyed Dana. Here she was trying to be a good friend and protect his feelings and here he was giving her attitude.

"It's about Nancy" Robin added trying to capture his full attention.

His eyes switched back to the girls wondering why they would want to talk to him about his girlfriend.

"We uh.. we seen Nancy at the mall with-"

"Jonathan, yeah I know" He interrupted.

Both Dana and Robin looked between each other shocked at his knowledge, how could he possible know already?

"Oh I just thought you uh.." Dana trailed feeling awkward now.

"Yeah she came over and we talked about it on Saturday" Steve explained "We straightened everything out"

"Saturday?" Robin asked looking throughly confused.

"Yeah Tommy told me he seen them on friday and I spoke to her on Saturday" Steve replied looking annoyed with the conversation.

"But Steve we seen them yesterday... not friday" Dana said sympathetically.

A look of hurt flashed across his face but he carefully disguised it trying to look unbothered by her words.

"You must be mistaken" Steve said shaking his head.

"Nope.. we definitely saw them" Robin nodded bluntly.

"She explained that they're just friends, their moms are close that's all" Steve shrugged.

Dana could tell he didn't fully believe his own words as he cleared his throat and nervously toyed with his hair. He was in denial.

"They looked very.. cosy" Dana said.

She felt like she was walking on eggshells trying to explain to Steve the situation without him blowing up at her.

"They're just friends" Steve reinforced.

Dana didn't know what else to say as he clearly didn't want to listen. She had done all she could to try and prevent him any pain but if he didn't want to believe her then she wasn't going to exhaust herself trying.