XXXVII- friday i'm in love

Dana and Billy lay on her bed tangled in the sheets as they tried to regain their breath, chests rising and falling rapidly.

He had never been happier to see those stupid glow in the dark stars on her ceiling; a stark contrast to the yellowed paint in the motel he'd been residing in.

He subconsciously pulled her in closer and she rest her head on his chest, still being able to feel his erratic heartbeat. She traced mindless shapes on his skin as he enjoyed just being able to lie in comfort with the one person he cared for most.

"So like.. are we a thing now or?" Dana asked.

"Are you seriously asking that?" He laughed looking down at her.

"Well I mean you never officially put a label on it or anything" She clarified.

He thought his actions for the past hour had spoken for themselves but he figured maybe they should work on confirmative words so they don't end up in a similar situation again where they're needlessly annoyed with one another.

"Dana Monroe" He began, a playful smile toying on his lips "Will you..."

She sat up slightly wanting to look at him directly as he asked her the question she had daydreamed about for weeks now.

"...stop hogging all the sheets and give me some?" He smirked.

This earned him a swift slap to his chest as he erupted with laughter at her disappoint.

"Asshole" She muttered trying to hide her embarrassed blush.

"Okay, okay i'm done playing" He smiled.

He cradled her face and gently stroked her cheek, pushing rogue hairs out of her eyes as he looked into them deeply.

"Will you be my girlfriend?" He asked "For real this time"

"I would love to" She nodded.

They shared a kiss, a gentle peck unlike the rough, passionate ones from earlier in the evening.

Girlfriend.

The term seemed so foreign to him, he had never had an official girlfriend before. He had never allowed himself the risk, scared they would leave him like his mother had so he eradicated the opportunity completely.

He still felt a pang of worry that Dana might one day wake up and do the same, after all he wasn't perfect and she could do so much better than him. He knew he had to try and he trusted her, he'd never met anyone who had even made him consider changing his mind on relationships like she had.

"Dana?" He asked in a gentle voice.

"Hm?" She replied in a sleepy voice.

"I just want you to know that i'm not used to doing this, I don't know all the rules and I might mess up sometimes" He explained "But I'll try my best to not and I just need you to not leave me if I do something stupid"

She could tell he was worried, it was clear he had some sort of commitment issues and she didn't know the extent of what happened to his mom as he avoided the subject but she could put two and two together pretty well.

"I'm not super experienced in it either" She confessed "We can work it out together"

Her words relaxed him and he gently rest his chin on her head as he took in the moment. She was his, all his and no one else's. Besides his car, he'd never been able to confidently have something all to himself and it felt good. It felt so good in fact, he was scared he wouldn't ever be able to match the feeling of euphoria he got just by being around her.