XXI- little lies

Dana furrowed her eyebrows looking down at the floor covered in pages of information she could barely decipher. She let out a sigh as she leaned against her bed wanting nothing more than to just crawl in it and sleep instead of doing her assignments.

She looked over at Billy who was lying on his back tossing an eraser in the air and catching it repeatedly clearly finding their tasks as riveting as she did.

"Are you even gonna attempt to write anything down?" She asked noting how he hadn't picked up a pen the entire time he'd been here.

"Do you really wanna know the answer to that?" He replied continuing to throw the eraser.

They had spent the better part of an hour trying to work on their history assignment but to no avail. Billy rarely did homework regularly let alone on a saturday night when there was about five better options of actual fun things to do.

"We have to finish this by monday" Dana reminded.

She grabbed the eraser from him so he would focus on the task at hand which only earned her a groan in return as he pulled himself up and sat beside her.

"It's a stupid assignment, I vote we just write down the first thing we find and call it a day" He said.

"You just want to go to that party" Dana replied knowingly.

"Duh" Billy replied.

It was a boring assignment and one that required a lot of research and writing, normally she would just get on with this alone and power through but this one happened to be a partner project that she had to do with Billy. She knew he was hoping to just mess around so she would eventually just take over and write it all herself but she was stubborn enough to make sure that did not happen.

"If you spent half as much time working as you did complaining maybe we'd get somewhere" She noted.

"And if you gave me some....incentive" He paused throwing her his signature smirk "Maybe i'd be more motivated"

She could tell from his flirtatious eyes what exactly he had in mind when he said incentive. She should have known he would try and spin the situation into something more favourable to him.

"Nice try" She laughed pushing him away just as he was leaning again.

"Cmon" He pouted.

She had been meaning to bring up their ever growing confusing relationship since their double date the night before. Being touchy and kissing in public was one thing but doing it in private where no one was watching was another story.

He ignored her dismissal and continued his actions; running his hand through her hair and placing chaste kisses along her jaw and neck. While the sensation felt nice, she knew she couldn't get distracted or let herself get lost in the blurred lines of their relationship.

"Billy.." She trailed.

She admitted it was hard for her to push him away, despite her feelings residing with Steve she couldn't deny the fact that Billy was quite the expert at making her feel good.

Hearing his name fall out her mouth only made him work harder and start sucking at her neck with full intention to refresh the cluster of hickies he had previously worked on her.

"Billy we can't keep doing this" She said more firmly as she pulled herself away.

He hated that she could never just lose herself in the moment, she was always too concerned about the rights and wrongs of their actions instead of simply enjoying it.

"Sure we can, it's pretty easy actually" He shrugged.

Dana felt frustrated, he just didn't get it. It didn't mean to him what it did to her. He was used to behaving like this and having his way with every woman he encountered but to her these moments were something she wanted to be doing with someone special, someone she was actually dating.