IX

"Thank you for coming!" the waitress that served Yoojung exclaims as she walked off with Ni-ki

"Thank you for coming!" the waitress that served Yoojung exclaims as she walked off with Ni-ki. Although she said those to Yoojung, her eyes were locked on the good looking Vampire. Yoojung simply smiles at the worker as a response, though she did notice her lack of authenticity.

The bell located above the door chimes as Yoojung opens it. She doesn't hold the door for Ni-ki however, and he had to keep it open for himself before it slammed on him.

It was only 12pm, thus the streets were empty. This area was usually filled at 8am and 4pm as they were the morning and afternoon rush hours. Yoojung was often in a better mood due to these factors, which was why she chose the respective class. It was a win for her.

Now, Yoojung was thinking about what she was going to do for the rest of the day. She was excited to get some downtime for herself, but with her peripheral vision, she sees someone not leave her side. After a few more seconds of walking, she realizes he wasn't going to leave. "Are you going to follow me wherever I go?" she pauses, turning to glare at him.

He pauses as well, "I'm making sure you don't die before the Blood Moon." Although on the outside he looked aloof, in the inside he was uneasy. This mission was important for him. He couldn't let her die without accomplishing the goal.

She senses his uneasiness and rolls her eyes. "Don't worry, I'm not going to kill myself or anything."

"You never know," he mutters underneath his breath. Humans are unpredictable, he believed.

"I'm too busy trying to become a high paid journalist to die," she states. They both pause at a stoplight, waiting for green to pop up.

In an overly blunt way, he points out. "But you're going to die?" People in cars observe the two, wondering if they were an arguing couple. A teenage girl on the opposite side of the road couldn't help but find the way Ni-ki towered over Yoojung adorable.

"So? The grind doesn't have to stop." At this point, she was attempting to find ways to justify her goal. She wasn't so sure herself why she wanted to keep pushing herself, but not all questions have answers.

"Why are you still trying to pursue a career? You'll be dead before you even finish your course," Ni-ki continues to ask.

"Thanks for constantly reminding me," she rolls her eyes. The pedestrian indicator on the stoplight shines, and they continue their way across the street.

"You're welcome," he chirps. "But like, seriously, why?"

She suddenly has an answer for him which somewhat boosts her ego. She confidently says, "Just because I'm dying doesn't mean I stop trying my best. In the future, I don't want people to look back at my life and say I didn't achieve anything. I want to be known for my potential and what I could've been."