XXXVII

Weeks passed, each one marked by Jungwon's dedication to his mission

Weeks passed, each one marked by Jungwon's dedication to his mission. He spent countless hours poring over ancient texts, meticulously dissecting each passage in search of hidden wisdom that might illuminate his path forward.

Yona watched him from afar, her heart heavy with concern for his well-being. Despite her worries, she couldn't help but admire his resilience and determination. There were moments of frustration and doubt, of course, but Jungwon never wavered in his conviction that reuniting the realms was possible. As the days turned into weeks, the weight of their task seemed to grow heavier, but so too did their resolve to see it through to the end.

One day, Leehan proudly arrived at Minji's house with a random glass object in his hand.

He entered the living room where Jungwon and Minji were gathered, holding it up triumphantly. "I found this in my grandma's attic," he announced. "It's old and dusty, but it'll work."

Minji attempted to conjure mini spells to test the jar's receptivity, but her efforts were met with failure. Frustration crept into her expression as she realized the complexity of the task at hand.

She groaned, "I've taken magic classes in high school back at home, but nothing too serious. It's like asking someone who took up until Grade 10 French to give a TED Talk to an assembly in French. None of us are qualified for this. Maybe you are, Jungwon, but you didn't pursue magic too much like your great great-grandmother. You followed your great grandmother's and became a warrior."

Minji's frustration bubbled to the surface as she expressed her limitations in magic knowledge. She compared their predicament to asking someone with basic language skills to deliver a complex speech, highlighting the inadequacy of their expertise for the task at hand.

Jungwon listened attentively, acknowledging her concerns with a solemn nod. While he had inherited the bloodline of powerful sorceresses, his own values had led him down a different path, one of combat and leadership.

His gaze inadvertently shifts to Leehan, his expression reflecting a momentary flicker of curiosity. Sensing the weight of Jungwon's unspoken question, Leehan raises his hands in a placating gesture, preemptively addressing the unspoken inquiry.

"Don't ask me to do magic," Leehan interjects, his tone tinged with a mixture of resignation and defiance. "I was a Stray, remember? Not many of us dabbled in magic, and if we did, it wasn't for noble reasons."

Jungwon nods in understanding, his expression softening. He knew all too well the complexities of Leehan's past and the challenges he faced as a former Stray. Despite their differences, a sense of camaraderie and mutual respect bound them together, forged through the trials they had endured.

"Let's take a break," Jungwon suggested, his voice tinged with weariness. His eyes bore the weight of countless hours spent poring over ancient texts and experimenting with magic beyond his comprehension.