chapter 12

"Carina... Are you breaking up with me?" Maya said with a terrified look.

Carina looked at her and smiled before pulling her in for a long kiss.

"I don't want too Maya. I really really don't...." Carina began to say with tears pouring out of her eyes once they pulled away.

"Then don't Carina.... We can figure it out. I told you I'm willing to put up with everything going on just as long as I have you." Maya said grabbing Carina's face.

"Bambina.... I'm doing this for you so you won't have to hurt anymore." Carina said trying to move away from Maya but she didn't let her.

"And you don't think that by us breaking up I wouldn't hurt more? Is everything just going to magically disappear?" Maya asked clearly frustrated.

"I called my papa to ask him to stop spreading rumors. He said the only way he would retract everything is if I left you and went back to Antonio." Carina said looking down.

"Carina.... You are insane if you think I will just let you break up with me so you can go back to him.... It's not happening." Maya said taking a deep breath.

"I'm literally watching you fall apart in front of me and I feel useless Maya. If I can do something to make it all better for you then I'll do it." Carnia said with new tears coming.

"And what?let you sacrifice yours and Gio's happiness all because of some rumors going around?" Maya asked annoyed.

"Maya..." Carina tried to get Maya to understand but it wasn't working.

"No Carina!" Maya said now letting her own tears out.

Carina couldn't stand seeing Maya crying and upset. She went up to Maya and hugged her as they both cried.

"Please don't do it. Please. Please... If you do I..." Maya said into Carina's neck after a few minutes starting to panic.

"I'm sorry Maya.... I have too." Carina said still holding on to Maya.

Just as Maya was about to say something Gio called out for Carina. They took a deep breath and pulled away. They stared at each other for a few seconds until Maya broke the silence.

"I... I can't believe you are actually doing it. You are doing what your dad tells you to do to protect me from what? Rumors? I was willing to put up with everything for you Carina. I... I thought you would've done the same.... Guess I was more committed to our relationship than you..." Maya said with more tears coming out as she walked out of the door.

Carina called after Maya but all she heard was the front door close leaving Carina heartbroken.

Maya felt like she was living a nightmare. She wanted to crawl in bed and never come out again. She felt like screaming so all the pain would disappear. Why couldn't her and Carina be happy? If they loved each other they should be able to be happy.

Maya didn't know what time it was but she felt her bed dip and then two arms wrap around her. She turned around and wrapped her arms around her best friend as she cried. Maya ended up falling asleep in Andrew's arms.
*******************************************
Carina was at home with Gio trying her hardest not to break down. Gio didn't deserve to see her like that. After Carina put Gio to bed she grabbed her phone and called her papa.