34

It had been two weeks since Vincenzo was in jail and everything was now going good. Maya had a doctor's appointment yesterday and they told her that her arm cast could come off. Her leg was taking more time to heal so they would check back in on it in two more weeks and see where they were at. The good thing was that instead of a cast she had on a boot so she had more mobility on it and could do more things on her own. Carina was still worried so she didn't want maya to do anything to crazy.

To be honest Maya was going crazy just staying home and  doing nothing. She wanted to be out doing things like work but Carina was set on Maya staying home and taking it easy. That created small little arguments between them.

Maya and Carina were both sitting in the living room after putting Gio to bed. Maya was lying on Carina's lap while she was on her phone while Carina was on her laptop reading and answering some emails as she gently was scratching Maya's head. They had a random movie on for background noise.

"Gio's therapist e-mailed me." Carina said to Maya not taking her eyes off the laptop.

"Is everything ok?" Maya said looking quickly up at Carina before looking at her phone again.

"Yeah. She just wanted to know if we had picked out a school for Gio yet. She sent me a list of several private schools that we could look into as well as some other activities she could do that have her interacting with other kids." Carina said now looking at Maya.

"Ok. We'll look into it." Maya said not paying much attention to it.

Carina was now getting a bit frustrated because every time she brought it up Maya wouldn't pay much attention to it or would just be dismissive.

"Maybe we could look into it now? Let's just get it over with because if we wait any longer it would already be the end of the school year." Carina tired again.

"I mean she could just start next school year... I don't see a problem with that." Maya said shrugging making Carina sigh.

"Maya we have to pick a school for Gio soon bella. We can't stall anymore." Carina said as she looked over at Maya who was on her phone.

"I know baby but the last thing I want is for us to rush into things and we end up choosing the wrong school for her. What if she ends up at a school like her last one where they don't pay as much attention and just let her go with anyone. It happened once Carina and we can't risk it happening again." Maya said sitting up and putting her phone down.

When Carina noticed Maya getting worked up she stopped what she was doing and sat on the couch with her before grabbing her hands and taking deep breaths so Maya could follow. Thankfully it worked.

"I get that you are scared bambina because so am I but Maya... We have to at some point send her to school... She needs an education bella and the longer we keep her home the more behind she'll get."Carina said still holding Maya's hands.

"She's pretty smart already... I don't know how much more education she could need." Maya said with a small smile.

"You know what I mean Maya... I know she's smart. I birthed her so I know... But bambina, she already doesn't like to read. Imagine how behind on reading she'll get if we don't actually send her to school." Carina said making Maya let out a groan. She knew Carina had a point.

"What if we hire a homeschool teacher to come and teach her here?" Maya said looking up at Carina with a hopeful look.

"She also needs interaction with kids her age Maya...." Carina said making Maya groan. She knew she was right.

"Ok... Show me this list." Maya said as she rubbed her face.

Carina grabbed her laptop and set it on her lap so Maya could see.