24

"wait what!? You're proposing?" Gabriella asked as she followed Carina up to her room.

"Not yet but I want to be prepared. I refuse to let Maya be the one who proposes to me so I at least want to have the ring ready." Carina said as she grabbed her laptop.

"I remember you telling me after your divorce with Antonio that you were done with love. That all you needed was your daughter. Now look at you. I'm happy for you tesoro." Gabriella said making Carina smile.

"I'm so in love with her... I can't imagine my life without her in it. She's everything I wanted for Gio." Carina said with a smile.

It's been a half an hour and Carina still couldn't find the right ring and she was getting annoyed.

"Why don't you just customize one yourself? You know what she likes... I'm sure if you call a jeweler they can help you out." Gabriella suggested making Carina look at her and smile.

"I'll call a jeweler tomorrow morning." Carina said with a smile.

Both Carina and Gabriella settled for watching a movie while they ate homemade  tiramisu cake.

"What would you think if I told you I was pregnant?" Gabriella said out of nowhere making Carina instantly look at her.

"What!?" Carina finally asked after a few seconds.

"Hypothetically speaking.... What would you think if I told you I was pregnant?" Gabriella said still not looking at Carina.

"Are you saying you're pregnant?" Carina said pausing the movie.

"No... Just a hypothetical question." Gabriella said now looking up at Carina with a serious expression.

"I... You know how I would feel Gabi... I've been trying to get you to have a baby since I got pregnant with Gio... But I also know you never wanted kids so I would support you on whatever decision you make." Carina said making Gabriella nod and smile slightly.

"Even if it means I'd be hurting your brother?" Gabriella asked with her head down.

"You're pregnant aren't you?" Carina asked taking a deep breath.

"3 weeks... It wasn't planned obviously...." Gabriella said taking a deep breath.

"Obviously..." Carina said looking at Gabriella who had tears in her eyes.

"I love him. But I know I'm not cut out to be a mom... That's just going to end up hurting him because I know he wants to have children at one point..." Gabriella said trying to stop her tears.

"Did you tell him before you guys were together that you didn't want kids?" Carina asked holding Gabriella's hand.

"Yeah. He said we could talk about it later on and we left that conversation..." Gabriella said wiping her tears.

"Well you told him Gabi. Does he know you're pregnant?" Carina said looking at Gabriella who shook her head.

"There is no point. I'm ending the pregnancy anyways there is no need to tell him." Gabriella said looking at Carina now who had an unreadable expression.

"Gabriella.... He has a right to at least know what's going on... What if he wants to be there to hold your hand through the process." Carina said looking at Gabriella who shook her head.

"All he's going to be is disappointed if he knows. I know your brother Carina and he will try to make me have this baby..." Gabriella said getting off the bed.

"Then that's when I'll stand by your side Gabi because it's your body and you get to decide what you want to do with it... But you hiding it from him is just going to be worse. Take it from me I thought I was protecting Maya when I didn't tell her about the kiss and look what happend... I almost lost her. Don't be as stupid as me." Carina said looking at Gabriella who was still crying.