[13] Helpless

𝐒𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐚 𝐕𝐚𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐨𝐬

𝐒𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐚 𝐕𝐚𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐨𝐬

Beep Beep Beep

Where is this sound coming from?

I was surrounded by darkness and my eyelids felt heavy. After many attempts, I peel my eyes open and find myself in a hospital bed. Why am I in the hospital? The room wasn't completely dark but was dimmed a tone down.

I tried to remember anything but it all came to a dead end as my head begun to hurt. What is happening to me?

I scanned my eyes here and there until a sleeping figure came into my vision. He/she was sitting in a chair while sleeping in an uncomfortable position.

I squinted my eyes to get a clearer sight and my heart skipped a beat when I realise it was Elliott. That is when it all came crashing down

Mafia. Basement. Darkness. Pain.

I scream at the top of my lungs and start thrashing around frantically. I have to get away from him. He will hurt me again.

Elliott jumped out of his sleep and on instinct, pulled out a gun from his waistband. I screamed even louder after seeing the gun as the heart monitor beside me beeped like crazy.

Elliott's eyes fell upon me as they widened immediately. He shoved the gun back inside his holster and practically ran beside me. My body started shaking like a leaf when he grabbed my hands in his and started peppering my face with kisses.

"Oh my god, you finally woke up. Fuck, I am so sorry for everything I did. Are you okay, love?" His voice was soft yet loud which made me flinch. It has been a while since I last heard such loud noises.

"G-get a-away fr-from m-me!" I shouted as tears fell free from my eyes. My throat burned from yelling so loudly and cracked at the end. It has been a week since I last ate or drank something. My throat feels like sand paper and it stung when I tried to talk. The gag really did a number on me.

The IV drip which was attached to my wrist plunged out of my skin and fell on the floor with a loud thud. Blood started to roll down my arms as I weeped in pain. I couldn't even move my limbs properly without wincing or feeling the numbness.

"Sirena! Stop moving, you are hurting yourself!" Elliott exclaimed and grabbed both my wrists. He pinned me down on the bed which only added to me fear.

Just then a nurse waltzed in the room with wide eyes after seeing the situation infront of her. She rushed by my side and grabbed my shoulders in a gentle yet firm grip.

"Ma'am, please calm down. Everything is okay." She said in a calm voice but the panic behind it betrayed her facade. As I continued crying, she looked behind me and signalled Elliott something via her eyes.

In an instant, his hands were off me and he took a step back as I breathed out a sigh of relief. While tears streamed down my cheeks, I slowly calmed down and stopped thrashing around. The nurse rubbed my back in a calming manner and bandaged my bloody wrist.