[23] Engagement Party

𝐒𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐚 𝐕𝐚𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐨𝐬

As Elliott slipped the golden ring into my ring finger, the whole venue broke into applause

As Elliott slipped the golden ring into my ring finger, the whole venue broke into applause. Elliott gave me a genuine smile, which made him look so beautiful. His smile made him look so innocent and angelic, the complete opposite of his real persona.

Elliott bent towards my height and pressed a firm kiss on my cheek before pulling me into a tight embrace. I tried to wiggle out of his hold but stiffened after hearing his malicious warning. "Stop fucking moving before I kiss you senseless, love."

After a minute or so, he finally pulled away from the hug and I instantly stepped back from him. He ignored my resistance and roughly yanked me to his chest by the waist.

"I love you, Sirena." He whispered in my ear, rubbing his nose against my cheek. I quickly looked around to see if anyone was watching us and let out a sigh of relief when saw that everyone was minding their own business. I would be really embarrassed if anyone saw this.

I gulped back the lump in my throat and blinked my eyes repeatedly to keep the tears at bay. I didn't want this. I didn't want him to be my fianceé. He is my abuser and kidnapper. But since fate always hated me, the heartless Mafia Don is now my fianceé, who never misses a chance to torment me.

A sharp pain in my waist pulled me out of my pitiful thoughts as I let out a wince. I looked up and saw Elliott glaring at me. What did I do now?

"Will you say it back or do I have to force it out of you, love? I don't mind doing the latter, just so you know." He impassively stated, the silent warning lingering in his statement.

I wipe the lone tear that fell from my eye and whispered hesitantly, "I-I love you too." I had no choice but to obey his orders. He had Levi in his clutches, which was my biggest weak point so I had to be submissive, as much as I hated it.

"Good." He hummed and wrapped his arm around my waist before continuing, "Let's go meet with my family now. We can leave after that."

My heart rate picked up as we walked down the stage and straight to the group of people who I now realised is Elliott's family. I am not ready for this. Do they even know that Elliott forced me into this? Either way, I highly doubt anyone would help me. I was all alone in this, like always.

"Elliot! Eccoti. Come stai, figliolo?" The beautiful woman with black hair exclaimed happily, standing beside a tall man. There was a boy and girl standing beside them with a little boy in their arms. These are Elliott's cousin probably. (Elliott! There you are. How are you, son?)

Elliott tensed a bit when the woman pulled him into a hug and patted her back a bit before replying, "Sto bene, zia." He paused and looked at me with a smile before gesturing towards me, "Meet my fianceé, Sirena." (I am fine, aunt.)