[31] Unfortunate Birthday

𝐒𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐚 𝐃𝐞 𝐋𝐮𝐜𝐚

Staring down at the piece of paper in my hand, a feeling of apprehension spread across my chest

Staring down at the piece of paper in my hand, a feeling of apprehension spread across my chest. The words written in the note were were simple, yet it didn't fail to make me nervous. My mind was spiraling through all the possibilities of making an unintentional mistake and facing the devil for it.

Wear the dress placed on the nightstand and come down by ten. Do not be late - Elliott

Why is he calling me downstairs suddenly? He made it crystal clear a week ago that I am not allowed to be outside his bedroom. Did I do something wrong? Is he going to hurt me now?

Taking a deep breath, I place the paper down and glance at the nightstand. I didn't have any choice but to follow his orders, if I want to stay in one piece. True to his words, there was a beautiful dress ready for me.

It was a blood-red bodycon dress with spaghetti sleeves

It was a blood-red bodycon dress with spaghetti sleeves. I ran my hand over the fabric and almost melted at how smooth, velvety it was. The dress was no doubt a designer's one, the brand's name neatly calligraphed on the back.

After making sure the door was locked from the inside, I discard my comfortable sweats and slip into the velvet material. I pick up my heart pendant and carefully clasp it around my neck. This pendant means the world to me and I can't go through a single day without it.

Deciding to not put any makeup, I pick up the red, glossy Dior bag and mentally try to prepare myself. It is going to be okay. I am going to be okay. Right?

The lingering question of my safety was left unanswered as I open the door and make my way downstairs. There were no staffs present, making me frown. The mansion always has maids running around, trying to keep it spotless. Where are they?

My legs subconsciously brought me into the living room as I looked around to find someone. Just as I looked front, my eyes widened in surprise.

The whole living room was decorated, not a single place left untouched. The walls had silver paper streamers running down with Happy 21st birthday, love balloons hanging in the center. Black balloons were scattered on the marble floor along with silver confettis. There was a small table in the middle with a white and baby-blue themed cake.