[18] Escape?

𝐒𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐚 𝐕𝐚𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐨𝐬

𝐒𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐚 𝐕𝐚𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐨𝐬

My hand slapped over my mouth as I watched the waiter's body fall on the floor. Blood poured out of his forehead like a waterfall as his eyes rolled back. He made a loud gurgling sound before closing his eyes and taking a deep breathe. I waited for him to breathe again but he never did. His movements stopped, indicating only one thing. He was dead.

I couldn't believe my eyes that I had just witnessed another murder. Lifting my eyes away from his lifeless body, my eyes locked with Elliott's ones which seemed to be void of any emotions right now. It felt like I was staring into an abyss of darkness where there was nothing but cruelty.

"He touched you, love. I had to kill him." Elliott said in an unfazed manner, putting the gun back in his waistband as I just stared at him, dumbfounded. How can someone be so cruel and heartless? I saw his eyes when he shot the waiter. It was completely empty. Not a single emotion could be detected in them.

"Y-you murderer. " I whispered while stumbling back. "How could you do that? Who gives you to take the life of an innocent?" I yelled at him, my voice cracking at the end. Never in my twenty years of life did I thought that I would witness another a murder like this.

Elliott scoffed loudly at my outburst, feeling no regret for his vile act. "Innocent? That piece of shit had his dirty hands all over you. He is anything but innocent, love. Calm down and stop your little mental breakdown right now before I teach you another lesson."

"You know what? I am so tired of you! I am so tired of you always controlling me, hurting me for the slightest mistakes and most importantly, for taking away my freedom from me. You are a heartless monster! I hate you!" I screamed at the top of my lungs and picked up the thing that was the nearest to me. It happened to be a ceramic vase as I swung it in the air and threw it right at his head.

He let out a loud groan as the vase hit him and fell on the floor, breaking into pieces. Elliott clutched his head tightly and held onto the wall for support. I am assuming that he was feeling dizzy since he was swaying sideways.

I looked around hastily and saw there there was no one. Even the door to exit was open with only one guard standing. This is my chance, I have to run now. I can't stay with this killer anymore.

I pick up the gun that was on our table with trembling hands, the unfamiliar coolness of the metal touching my skin. Elliott's head snapped towards me and he gave me the darkest glare ever. My heart hammered against my ribcage as he yelled, "What the fuck are you doing? Put that down, right now, Sirena!"

I paid no heed to his shouts and ran like my life depended on it. Well technically it did. His shouts became more distant as I ran to the exit. The restaurant was surprisingly empty. I think Elliott booked it again like he did the day he took me on that horrendous date.