Chapter 42 : The Plan

"Chloe?" the receptionist called her, her voice sounded miles away.

It took a moment to realize Shannon was waiting for her across the front desk, pushing a piece of paper toward her.

"Chloe? What's wrong? You haven't been yourself lately."

"I'm so sorry. I'm a bit off this morning."

Chloe looked down at the sheet of paper. It was a work schedule for Thanksgiving, many coaches applied for early leave, the studio was short on staff.

She checked as many spots as she could handle, in the hope of impressing Tammy enough to make her a full-time staffer.

"I'm fine with it." she pushed back the paper.

Looking over the lobby, Tammy came out with a well-dressed man, he carried a leather briefcase, and not the kind for laptops. His shoes looked expensive and so did his wrist watch.

While women invest their presentations in hair and fashion, men mostly focus on watches and shoes, something Chloe learned from the pickpocket expert Kalani.

"Who's that?" she asked the receptionist.

"I'm not sure. Some big guy from big corporations, I guess." Shannon leaned back for a better look.

Growing up in the ALDC, Chloe rarely saw men visiting a dance studio, most of the students were picked up by moms. A man dressed like this usually means one thing.

"Lawsuit?"

"Who knows? Maybe some parents wanna file a complaint?"

"No. She seems happy." Chloe observed Tammy's posture, no crossing arms or pursing lips.

"Network maybe? Rebooting DANCE MOMS perhaps?"

"I hope not!" Chloe thought out loud. She turned down Abby's offer for this very reason.

Her gaze followed the two to the entrance, the studio manager gave her a glance at passing, but quickly returned her attention to the man, like he was someone important.

Tammy waved goodbye to the well-dressed man, who made an odd move that captured Chloe's attention.

Out the parking lot, the man stood and studied Chloe's borrowed Range Rover for long seconds, turned and looked back at the studio, before walking out the main road, where a silver Mercedes picked him up.

Wandinha? Chloe gasped. But who is this?

The man appeared Caucasian, with white skin and blonde hair, unlike the Hispanic resemblance among Wandinha's men. Then she remembered what Kalani said: They have an army of lawyers!

Wandinha! What are you up to??