[14] Depression

𝐒𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐚 𝐕𝐚𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐨𝐬

𝐒𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐚 𝐕𝐚𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐨𝐬

Staring into absolutely nothing, I keep sitting on the ground for what it seems like hours.

It has been more than a month since I am trapped here. Trapped in this suffocating mansion. Trapped in his evil desires which I don't wish to fulfill. But do I have a choice in this? Sadly, no. Like always, I don't have a choice.

Since that day, I have become really quiet and motionless. The maids here gave me dirty glances and whispered among themselves about how much of a 'whore' I was after seeing the marks on my neck. I was so ashamed and disgusted with myself that day. I tried covering them up by wearing more covered clothes but Elliott got angry again.

He said he wanted everyone to see and know who I belonged to. Disgusting, isn't it? No one here talks with me and Elliott doesn't even allow me to go outside. Not even in the garden since I already tried escaping from there once. It is pure torture to stay locked up in his bedroom all the time. The person whom I despise is the only one I see everyday now. I am getting more and more depressed now as the days go by.

The feeling of sadness, emptiness and hopelessness is eating me alive. I don't eat or get enough sleep. My nightmares are becoming worse by the days and keep me up at night. Luckily, Elliott didn't notice them yet since he is a deep sleeper. The last thing I want is for him to question me about my past.

I really miss Levi and the bakery a lot. I miss our small bickerings, jokes, conversations and everything. Tears stings my eyes thinking of how worried Levi must be. I have been missing for more than a month already. Has he stopped looking for me already? No, Levi loves me too much to do that.

A hand on my shoulder causes me to jump and snap my head back. It was Leora, Iliana's twin and one of the maids from here. She is truly an angel in form of a human being, unlike her sister. Iliana is mean to me for no reason. She hates me a lot, I don't know why. Everytime I try to strike up a conversation with her, she just rolls her eyes in response.

"Ms. Vasilios, you look quite sad. Is everything alright?" She looks at me in concern. It has been so long since someone other then Elliott has talked with me.

I clear my throat and blink back my tears immediately. I didn't want to worry her. "Y-yeah. I am fine." I mumble and continue looking at the pretty flowers around me. After seeing how quiet and unresponsive I had become, Elliott allowed me to go in the greenhouse which located behind the mansion. It was heavily locked and guarded though, so that I couldn't escape. Not that I have the energy or courage to do that right now.

The greenhouse though, is absolutely breathtaking. With vibrant flowers and fresh grass surrounding the whole perimeter, it is truly a great sight to witness. The sunlight coming through the crystal glass is the cherry on top.

 The sunlight coming through the crystal glass is the cherry on top