The hunter and the wingless fairy part 13

So let me know what you guys think of this chapter and maybe I'll have a chapter or two up later today :)
------------------------------

"Why don't you have wings??".

Rainbow froze. She looked up at Applejack.

"Ah mean if ya don't wanna tell me then ya don't have to. Ah was just wonderin' is all".

Rainbow smiled. "It's okay. I'll tell you".

Applejack turned and faced her.

Rainbow sighed. "I'll never forget that day".

~flashback~

Rainbow flew around the castle, saying hi to the guards and servants as they passed the young princess.

She was heading to the throne room to see her dad. He had promised to take her to diamond mountain. Little Rainbow arrived and landed on the floor without a sound in her step.

"No. You cannot take her place".

That was her father. He didn't sound happy.

"Why not??. I mean she probably has no clue as to how to properly run a kingdom".

Being a curious child Rainbow hid behind a large pillar and peeked out.

"How dare you speak of my daughter that way. I thought you loved her Thunderstorm. She is your niece that loves you very much".

The man sneered. "Oh please Rainbow has been a thorn in my side since day one. How is someone so happy all the time. I can't stand that glow around her".

Rainbow frowned at the words. She didn't mean to be a bother to her uncle.
The 7 year old stayed still and silent.

"Don't you dare speak ill of my daughter. Everyone loves her and I am sure with the right guidance she will make a great queen".

"Trust me brother. You're wrong. I should be ruler of Avalen!!".

"Get out!!".

Rainbow jumped at her father and uncle's yelling. She quickly flew out of t he room unseen. The little girl zipped through the halls, her wings fluttering quickly.

She went into her room and shut the down. Rainbow sat down on the floor with her toys and busied her mind.

Suddenly there was a knock on the door.

"Come in!", she called.

The door opened and her father walked in.

"Daddy!!".

Rainbow got up and flew over to her father. The king laughed and hugged the young girl.

"Ready to go??", he asked.

She nodded smiling. She wanted nothing more than to get away from the castle for a while. The two left the castle. They took a Pegasus with them. Kicker. Rainbow's favorite pegasus. She had gotten pegasus for her 4 birthday. The two were inseparable. No matter where Rainbow went in the kingdom, Kicker was there too.

They went to the stables and got Kicker. The male pegasus was happy to see the princess.

"Let's go!!".

The three set off into the morning sky laughing and smiling.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So you had wings once??", Applejack asked.