An appledash cinderella chapter 9

Applejack's POV:

I stare at myself in the mirror. I was a bit nervous. What if she came??. How would I find her since it's a masquerade ball??.

All these questions ran through my head. Suddenly a knock interupted my thoughts.

I turned to the door. "Come in", I call.

Rarity came in.

"Hello darling".

She saw my outfit and squealed. "You look simply divine. Almost as beautiful as the dress I made for that girl I met in my boutique".

I look at her confused. "What girl??".

She laughed. "I met your crush. Though I didn't get her name. Sorry dear".

I smile.

"It's okay Rare. Ahm just hoping she'll show up".

"She has to. If she doesn't I'll hunt her down with you".

Rolling my head I laugh. Rarity wouldn't dare do anything. Probably to see me happy and with someone, maybe then. But you know. She wouldn't dare tough her if I had anything if I could help it.

"Uh huh".

"Hush and come here. I have an accessory for you".

She went into her purse and pulled out a pin. It was a gold butterfly. She handed it to me.

"It's beautiful Rarity. Thank you. Ah really don't know what ta say".

"You're welcome darling", she said. She clipped it onto my dress. "It's just something I found in my drawer and I dint plan on wearing again so I thought you could have it or maybe give it to the girl when she comes".

"IF she comes", I correted her.

"Come on we gotta go".

She sprayed some perfume on me lightly and we left.

"How did ya manage not ta attract attention. I'm sure people would recognize a duchess of Equestria".

Rarity smiled. "I'm not sure but she certainly didn't recognize me".

"Well I wonder if she will with my mask on??".

"Of coarse she will. Come now".

We made it to the Grand staircase. That's alot of people. I saw other royals and people from towns all over Equestria dancing.

I look to my left and see my dad sitting on his throne. He spotted me and waved. Me and Rarity walk over to him.

"Doesn't everything look great??. The decorators really outdid themselves".

I smile and nodded looking around. It was amazing.

"Well go down and meet some of the other ladies", Dad said.

I sigh and look at Rarity.

"Come on. Let's go find you a guy for ya ta dance with".

In minutes we were dancing. Guys lined up for Rarity and guys and gals lined up for me. Which is weird cause I don't like guys.

I was dancing with a duchess from Manhattan when a girl took me away. Literally. She took my hands and had me dance with her.

She was beautiful and graceful at dancing but she wasn't the girl I was waiting for.

Another girl, with purple hair jumped in and stole me away.

What is it with these girls??

Me and her danced for a few seconds until I felt a tap on my shoulder.

I turned and saw a guy standing there. It was the prince of Canterlot.

"Hello your highness", he greeted with a bow.

I nodded.

"Glad you could come", I say.

He extended his hand.

"May I lead you in a dance??".

"Well, I'm kinda waiting for someone".

"Please. Just one dance??".

I sigh and refuse again. This guy didn't no for an answer.

Suddenly the doors at the Grand staircase opened. I look up and saw a girl in a beautiful dress standing there.

"Think that's her??", I hear from beside me.
I look and see Rarity standing there.

"My whoever she is, she looks like a princess".

A princess. Was the mysterious girl I met a princess in disguise??.

"Only one way to find out".