Chapter 8

Lucy's POV:

I couldn't sleep after going back to bed, I was worried about Emily and just had a lot on my mind. The night passed excruciatingly slowly, me changing positions every 20 minutes trying to fall asleep but it wasn't working. When I don't get enough sleep I'm in a horrible mood for the rest of the day so I'm already dreading it. Finally giving in to the fact I won't be falling asleep any time soon I get up and head towards the shower.

It was now around 6am so I went downstairs and started making breakfast. Keira rang me while I was making my coffee.
"Hey kei" I sighed into the phone
"Morning Luce, what's up?" She asked obviously noticing something was bothering me
"I just didn't sleep last night and now I'm in a shit mood" I told her, slamming the cupboard for after I put the coffee back

I told Keira what happened with Emily last night and now I'm overthinking everything
"I just don't know if I can do it kei, of course I want to be here for her, I don't want her to live in a place where she isn't safe, but I don't know if I'm cut out to look after another person, especially a teenager" I say, venting to her
"Luce, don't be silly. I know how much you love that girl, we all do. She trust you and I think you're the best person to do it. You're just overthinking it. It will take time for both of you to get used to the situation but I think she should stay with you for a while, at least until everything cools down" Keira told me, understanding how I felt but knowing I was just overthinking and not being rational due to my lack of sleep.

As I was agreeing with Keira, my head snapped towards the front door after I heard it slam.
"Shit, I think Emily heard what I said. I'll call you later later" I told Keira before hanging up. I felt terrible, I didn't intend for Emily to hear that. After what Keira said, I realized she was right and I wasn't thinking. Emily probably thinks that I don't want her here anymore, but of course I do.
I curse at myself for being so stupid and pick up my phone again to call Emily, not knowing where she was going and starting to get worried.

—-
This one's quite short but thoughts?? Xx