Chapter 11: Brotherly Bonding

Zack walked to his car in the garage with all smiles as he left Fatima's office. He got in the car and called CJ.

"Zac Attack! What's up my man"!

"It's all good CJ. What you up to right now"?

"Just at home working of course".

"You mean hardly working"?

They both laughed.

"I just left the law office and just wanted to come holla at ya for a bit. I'll stop and pick up some lunch".

"Oh, that's cool. See ya soon".

Zac stopped by Town Hall restaurant to get something to eat for him and CJ since it was down the street from CJ's house. Zac's wait wasn't long for the food so he made it to CJ's house in 10 minutes tops. Zac walked up to the front door and rung CJ's doorbell. CJ opened the door and let Zac in.

"What's up bro"? said CJ as he gave Zac a hug.

"Nothing much! Just out here trying to get my life back together".

"Let's go to the kitchen and eat because that food is smelling good".

Zac followed CJ into the kitchen and put the food on the counter (see below)

"So how did your meeting go with Ms. Wilson"? CJ asked as he took the food out of the bags.

"Mannnn, it went really good. I can't go into too many details, but it was better than expected. Anddddd let me tell you that it doesn't help that Ms. Wilson. or Fatima. as I am now allowed to call her is F-I-N-EEEE!!, Zac stressed with the biggest smile on his face. Man beauty and brains will always win with me."

"What?!?!?!"

"Yesss. Like I couldn't keep my eyes off of her. She tried to play hard to get for lunch, but I hit her with that Zac charm and she ended up eating lunch with me. But during our talking, she did mention she has a man sooo".

"Ah damn that sucks, but I bet you won't miss none of your meetings with her".

"And won't. Even when Andi come back, I am going to request for Fatima to be there too".

Zac and CJ were laughing hard.

"But, I do need to go talk to Jalen".

"Why you have to go talk to him?"

"So all of the guys came to the law firm today to give their recollection of what they remembered from that day and Jalen was last to be recorded. He was displaying some strange and nervous behavior during the question asking and I need to see what's up. That's not like him".

"Oh yeah, definitely go see what that was about".

Zac and CJ continued talking and eating.

"We need to discuss a workout routine for you until you are able to go back out on the field. We need to also discuss some alternatives if they decide to make you a free agent".

"Yeah, I've been thinking about that. The alternative options part. Can I just wait until it gets closer to this case being closed before thinking about that? The workout routine isn't an issue. I can do that in my sleep. As a matter of fact, I can start tomorrow."

"Sounds like a plan my man!"

"But I'm going to head out bro. It was nice chit chatting with ya". Zac said as he threw his food in the trash and dabbed CJ up.

"Thanks for the food and we'll talk tomorrow".

"Fo sho".

Zac left out the door and headed to his car. Once he was in the car, he called Fatima to see how she was coming along with the recordings and if she needed any additional information. The phone rung and rung, but there was no answer, so he decided to leave a message.

***Voicemail***
"Hi Fatima. This is ummm Zac. I was calling to see how everything was going with the videos and seeing if you need anything additional from me. Call me back when you get this message, aight."

***End Voicemail***

Zac hung up the phone.

"I'll just go by the law firm and check on her tomorrow".

Zac started his car and headed home.