Chapter 14: What a day!

Zack woke up to the sun shining through his bedroom blinds. He blinked his eyes a couple of times before getting up to go to the bathroom. After using the bathroom and washing his hands, he decided to check his phone. Nothing pressing so he went downstairs to the basement to start his workout.

Zac worked out for about 50 minutes. He then went upstairs to fix himself a protein shake. While fixing his shake, he decided to call Jalen. The phone rung with no answer from Jalen, so Zac left him a voice message.

***Voicemail***

"What up J, this is Zac. Call me when you get this message. I want to come over and discuss something with ya. Aight, later".

***End Voicemail***

Zac hung up the phone after leaving his message with Jalen. He noticed no return call or text from Fatima and made another call to her.

***Phone Call***
Ring, ringggg...ring, ring...ring, ring....

Hi, this is Fatima. Sorry, I missed your call. Leave me a message.

"Good morning Fatima. This is Zac I was calling you again because I hadn't heard from you. Please give me a call when you get this message. Aight, later".

***End Call***

Zac drunk the rest of his protein shake and went to take a shower. That's when his phone rung.

***Phone Conversation ***

"What up bro"?!?! You get my message"?

"I did. That's why I'm calling you back. What you want to talk about"?

"You got any plans for today"?

"Nah, just hanging around the house".

"Aight, I'm going to jump in the shower real quick and then I'm going to head your way. I don't want to discuss anything over the phone".

"Ok. Cool. Call me when you close".

"Aight, later".

This was really bothering Zac about Jalen and he really needed to talk to him. He took a quick shower and put on his clothes (see below).

He gave himself a once look over in the mirror, got his keys, and headed to the garage

He gave himself a once look over in the mirror, got his keys, and headed to the garage. Zac was sitting in the car getting ready to pull out when his phone rung.

***Phone Conversation***

"Good morning mama"!

"Where your antennas been"?

"Huh? Mama, what you talking about"?

"You haven't signaled in that you need to call me and keep me updated on your case or at least the progress of the case. You haven't even checked to see how me and your sister doing"!

"I'm sorry Ma. It's been a lot going on. I promise I will come by soon. You and Khadeen ok"?

"We are good! I been winning pretty good at bingo. I been really enjoying hanging out with my girls. We thinking about taking a trip soon".