Chapter 10: Love Hurts

Fatima woke up laying on the stairs of the theatre room with a sharp pain on her right side. She slowly sat up remembering what the hell happened. A even sharper pain then shot on the right side of her face and traveled up by her eye. She used the wall to help her get up and go to the nearby bathroom (see below).

She looked in the mirror to see the side of her face beginning to swell by her cheekbone

She looked in the mirror to see the side of her face beginning to swell by her cheekbone. Another sharp pain to her side caused Fatima to lift up her shirt. She noticed the bruise forming on her side and it was pretty big already. She carefully walked downstairs holding onto the railing to the kitchen to make an ice pack to put on her side.

There is no way that Fatima could go to work in this type of pain and her face swelling. She made her ice pack and walked to the living room. She eased down to sit on the couch and texted Andi.

***Text Message***

Good morning Andi. I am not feeling good this morning and will be working from home today. I didn't want to come in and get anyone sick. I will have Angela bring me any files I need if necessary. Call or text me if you need me.

***End Message***

Fatima then called Angela.

"Good morning. Thank you for calling Marshall, Jordan, and Harris. This is Angela."

"Good morning Angela. This is Fatima". (grunting between sentences from the pain)

"Hey girl. Why you sound like that"?

"Sound like what?"

"Like you trying to catch your breath".

"Oh, I'm not feeling good which is why I am calling you. I won't be in the office today, but I will be working from home. I was wondering if I can get you to bring me some files if I need them".

"Sure girl! You know I got you".

"You always do. Thanks girl. I'll call you later".

Fatima hung up the phone and kept the conversation quick with Angela because Angela is nosey as hell and talk too much. She was about to call Ian when she heard her phone ding from a text message.

***Text Message***
Good morning Fatima. Ohhh noooo!! I hope Ian ain't got you pregnant lol. I'm just kidding. And, that's fine you working from home. This case is taking a little longer than I thought, so I will let you know if I need you to messenger me some things. We'll meet up soon to discuss what you found out about the Taylor case. I hope you feel better friend! I'll check on you later. xoxoxo

***End Message***

Fatima laughed at Andi's message and the pain that hit her side reminded her she had an injury. She needed to call Ian! She picked up to call him and the phone just rung. She hung up and called back and it went straight to his voicemail. She went to the bathroom and took pictures of her side and her face. The swelling in her face had gotten a little bigger so she went to the kitchen to refresh her ice pack. She placed the ice pack on her face as she laid down on the couch. Then she remembered....let me send these pictures.

Fatima opened her phone and clicked on Ian's name to message.

***Text Message***
I see your cowardly bitch ass won't answer your phone after what you did to me last night, so I'm going to show you (sends pics). Yeah, you did that shit when you pushed me out the way. If you show up to this motherfuckin door again, I will have you arrested!! I'm not the type of bitch to fuck with!! You've hurt me for the last time Ian!!! It's OVER!!!!

***End Message***

Fatima threw her phone on the other side of the couch and started to cry. She couldn't understand how a man that she loves so much and she thought loved her could put her through so much shit. She cried so much from Ian breaking her heart that she fell asleep on the couch.