Chapter 28: Vacation Days 4 & 5

Day 4

Fatima was so in shock that she dropped her phone, got up from the couch, went upstairs to her room, and closed the door. Zac picked up the phone from the floor.

"Angela, what did you just call and tell Tima?"

"I told her Ian's dead Zac"!

"Why did you call and tell her that while she is on vacation"?!, Zac said intensely.

"Zac! She needed to know! This was her ex boyfriend"!

Zac was heated!

"You right Angela! He was just that, an ex! It wasn't that important! She is trying to move on from Ian! You could have waited! Your messy ass just wanted to ruin her vacation time and relaxation! You know she going to be thinking about it!"

"Zac don't be yelling at me! I was just trying to give her a heads up! I care about her feelings just as much as you do"!

"Man, no you don't! I'm finna stop talking to you with your fake ass"!

Zac hung up the phone in Angela's face. He then went upstairs to check on Fatima. He turned the knob on her door and noticed it was locked.

(knocking on the door) Fatima, please open the door. I need to give you back your phone.

"Just leave it outside the door Zac".

Zac could tell in her voice that she had been crying.

"Tima, please let me in so we can talk".

"I don't want to talk right now Zac. Please just give me some space".

Zac was mad as hell at Angela for causing Tima to shut down. She was healing and he was helping her to not think about Ian. Zac took her phone back downstairs and placed it on the table. She had isolated herself in her room for the rest of the day and he did not like it. If only he could talk to her. He just chilled around the house all day and checked on her periodically. He decided to go to bed since it was late. He made sure the house was locked up. He went to his room, but made sure to leave his door cracked just in case Fatima needed him.

Day 5

Fatima couldn't sleep. The news that Angela gave her about Ian really had her thinking. Yes he was an asshole to her. So why was she having mixed feelings of happy and sad about the news. There were some good times between her and Ian. It only started getting bad during the last year of their relationship when he was starting his business. But more importantly Fatima wondered who would want to kill Ian. She sat up in the bed and grabbed her head in disbelief. She let a couple of tears fall down her face. She strongly disliked Ian for all of the things he did to her, but she didn't want him dead. Fatima got up, went to the bathroom, and ran herself a relaxing bubble bath. She passed by Zac's room on the way and peeked in. He wasn't in his room. She continued to the bathroom. While her bath water was running she went downstairs to see if Zac put her phone back on the table. She picked up her phone and looked around the rest of the house for Zac. He was no where to be found. She went back upstairs, cut off her bath water and got in. While sitting in her bubble bath, she felt bad for treating Zac the way she did the previous night. He was only trying to be there for her and bring her phone. She picked up her phone and made a phone call.

"Hello"

"Good morning Angela".

"Good morning Tima".

"I'm calling because the news you gave me last night has almost ruined my vacation. Why did you think it was that important to tell me while I was on vacation? You didn't think it could have waited"?