𝐯𝐢𝐢

you were looking at the horrendous piece of clothing you were wearing. it was the standard-issued body suit with black and blue stripes.

Anri had tailored it a bit to suit your body more. but it was still ugly.

the only thing that saved it was the full-face mask that came with the suit. the mask even had a voice-changer.

Jinpachi really did not want anyone knowing you, huh. and surprise, surprise it had the Blue Lock logo on it. one point for Jinpachi.

you were in a room that had white walls. there was a large ass scoreboard behind you. why was it so big? not like the boys are blind or something.

the floor consisted of grass as fake as Sae saying that he doesn't have an ass fetish. the field was half the size as the ones you saw on tv.

you were getting a bit nervous. this was your first-time playing football after all.

you knew the basics like you couldn't touch the ball with your hand and to not injure your opponent, but that was it. you'd have to learn by watching the players who'll you play against.

suddenly, the door opened revealing a tall teenager with a slim but powerful build.

he had dark green hair with a bang going across his face more in his right eye than left eye, slim teal eyes, and distinct eyelashes that he shares with his brother. mm, Itoshi Sae.

raising an eyebrow at what he was seeing, you pointed at a screen opposite to the scoreboard that displayed the rules.

after reading the rules the emo boy went to you at the center of the field. without saying anything, he immediately stole the ball in front of you. damn, not even a warning.

the one-on-one showdown between the two of you unfolded.

with the ball at his feet, Rin eyed you cautiously, analyzing his opponent's every move.

you managed to catch up to Rin and stole the ball, exuding confidence as you prepared to thwart any attempt to breach your defences.

you made a move, darting forward with a burst of speed, the ball dancing under your control.

Rin anticipated the manoeuvre, closing in with calculated steps, ready to intercept the advance.

with lightning-fast footwork, you weaved past Rin, your agility leaving him momentarily off balance.

sensing an opportunity, you surged towards the goal, the sound of your cleats crunching against the grass, the only sound in the empty field.

Rin, refusing to yield, recovered quickly, lunging forward with a well-timed tackle.

but you were one step ahead, executing a quick sidestep to evade the challenge, the ball still firmly under your control.

as you approached the goal, Rin made a last-ditch effort to block your path, diving towards the ball with outstretched legs.

but you were unfazed, calmly slotting the ball past the sprawling Rin, into the empty net.

in the silence of the practice field, you looked at Rin who was panting, not understanding how your body was able to move and twist so abnormally.

a satisfied smile played on your lips. in this solitary duel, devoid of spectators, it wasn't the roar of the crowd that mattered, but the exhilarating challenge of outmanoeuvring a formidable opponent on the field of play.

the both of you returned to the center of the field, where you extended your arm slightly forward with your palm facing upward, fingers slightly curled.