The Reunion - Naruto Shippuden

Two-and-a-half-years. That was how long it been since Sasuke left the Hidden Leaf Village. I didn't know what he could've been up to back then, but all I did know was that he was getting strong.

I was walking in the village, looking down at my sandals as I walked. What was the point of looking up? No one was around.. I thought. Ugh.

"No way... Nariko?"

I heard a familiar voice say my name, so I stopped walking and looked up, only to see Shikamaru and.. Temari standing in front of me. "Oh. Hey, Shikamaru."

"I haven't seen you in like, five weeks? Where have you been?", he sounded lazy as hell, but I didn't tell him that.

"..Training with my teammates and going on missions."

"Well yeah but- I'd expect you to come out and I don't know, get ramen or something from around here."

He was really nosey. I wanted to tell him why I haven't been in the village recently, but didn't because I didn't want him to make it a big deal. But the reason why I haven't been out was because of the depression I was feeling ever since Sasuke left. I know that seemed pretty dumb to be depressed about but.. ugh. I wasn't in the mood for anything the village had to offer for me, so I didn't go out.

"Let's not talk about me", I said, trying to change the subject, then noticed Temari standing next to him. "What's she doing here?"

"I'm her escort", he simply said. "And.. I'm surprised you didn't mistaken us both for going on a date. When I saw Kiba today, he thought we were dating."

"Don't give her any ideas, idiot", the blonde girl nudged him.

"Ow- she's not like the others."

I wasn't the one to think like that, because I myself didn't understand love back then.

"Yeah, Temari's the liaison between Suna and Konoha for the Chūnin Exams, so I have to escort her", the male explained. "Wait- so where are you off to?"

Ugh.. again, he was being nosey.

"..I'm off to meet my teammates and sensei for this mission."

"Another mission? Geez.. I'm starting to think you're lying, Nariko."

"Ugh.. I'm starting to think you're lying about being her escort for the Chūnin Exams. Maybe you're escorting her out on a date."

And just like that, Shikamaru glared and was silent. Temari looked at him and smirked. "She's not like the others, huh? Let's go."

The two walked around me and went on with their date- day! God.
—————————————————————
As I kept walking, I heard a voice that said "Nariko... it really is you."

I looked around to see who it was, then I saw a male leaning against a tree. He was wearing a hooded jacket and his mouth was covered. I noticed the dark shades as well.

"..Shino, what a surprise", I said sarcastically.

"Yeah, what a surprise indeed. I haven't seen you in a while. Why haven't you been around the village? That's where I'd expect you to be after all. The reason is because..."

And there he went. Same old Shino. That's when I made the assumption that everyone would act like Shikamaru, getting all in my business.

"So, aren't you going to answer my question?"

"Shino, I heard you the first time- I was on missions with my team."

"Well yeah.. but I'd expect you to be in the village going out for ramen, you know, when you're not busy", he said. He wasn't wrong on that one. Whenever I was done with missions and training, I'd go out and eat ramen in the village, usually by myself or with friends.