The Wedding

The day had to come... the day I'd never thought of what come true. Naruto Uzumaki, was getting married. Was he mature enough? ..Yeah? I thought. But you heard me correctly. Konoha's most eligible bachelor Naruto Uzumaki was getting married.

Naruto Uzumaki had faced many complex and nerve-racking situations in his life. He became a shinobi of Konohagakure at 12, took the Chūnin Exams for the first time mere months after becoming a shinobi, fought an S-class criminal to the point of near death more than once, saved the village from invasion, tried to prevent his friend from leaving for the sake of power, trained hard to bring his friend back and also defend himself against a shadow organization seeking out Jinchuriki like himself for their respective Bijuu. He fought that organization, saw his village destroyed, gained the cooperation of enemy villages, and fought a war for the sake of the world culminating in sealing away a god-like alien woman with the power of the Sage of Six Paths.

As the hero of the Fourth Great Ninja War, Naruto had tons of friends and... well, fangirls. Probably more fangirls Sasuke had when we were in the Academy. Naruto became so popular that people from other villages came just to see and take photos with him.

The thing that surprised me the most was how Naruto finally realized that Hinata had a thing for him, and now he was returning the favor.

If I can go back to those days...

~*~

7 years ago.. at the Academy

We were sitting down, paying attention to Iruka-sensei talking about the next ten rules about being a shinobi.

I was paying attention really closely, because I didn't want to fail this exam we had two days later. But anyway, I felt someone tap my shoulder from behind.

"N-Nariko..." Hinata whispered nervously, tapping my shoulder repeatedly as if I didn't feel it the first time. "Nariko..?"

"..Yes?" I sat up, looking back at her.

"I was wondering if you can um.. well.. y-you see um... the thing is.."

I looked down in front of her to see a sheet of paper with words written on it. Tilting my head a bit, I read the words. "I hope we can be good friends... wouldn't you like that?"

Her face went red after I read her words, but she nodded quickly and pointed at Naruto, who was next to me sleeping and snoring as expected.

"F-For him.." She picked up the letter and handed it to me, which I took.

I looked over at Naruto, who was yet snoring, until I kicked his leg hard which made him yelp and arise from his sleep.

"Agh! What the hell?" He cursed, glaring at me with his blue eyes. "You better have a good reason."

"..Actually." I held the note to his face, rolling my eyes. I usually didn't wake him from his sleep, but for Hinata's sake I did.

The blonde read the words before taking the paper from my hands, giving me a confused look. "I thought we were already good friends, Nariko? Why wouldn't I like you? I mean, you're fun! And you offer me good food, and-"

He thought I was fun? Other kids thought I was dull and cynical, but that was besides the point.

"Uh, no. Hinata actually wrote this for you."

"Hinata?"

He looked behind him at the shy ravenette, who was fiddling with her fingers and avoiding eye contact as if she wasn't apart of the conversation. "Oh, Hinata! All you had to do was ask me. I would've been your friend before if only you said something."