Asuma's Funeral

"Kakazu. It took you long enough", said Hidan but it turned out to be Asuma instead, making Hidan's eyes widen. Asuma threw his shuriken but Hidan blocked it with his scythe. Hidan then threw his scythe but Asuma dodged it, while Hidan was open Shikamaru used his shadow possession jutsu while Kotetsu and Izumo stabbing him.

"Way too slow." Shikamaru smirked.

"That's one of them down." Asuma said.

"Ow. That hurts. Who are you people?" Hidan said, obviously bored by their presence. Izumo, Kotetsu, Shikamaru, and Asuma were shocked.

"What the hell? We both hit his vital spots!" Kotetsu exclaimed, still shocked. Him and Izumo were pushing it in more.

"Quit sticking it in like that. I said knock it off. That hurts." Hidan was now getting annoyed.

"What is this?" Izumo questioned. "Is he immortal or something?"

"Isn't that obvious, you fool? Now then. Once again. Who are you people?" Hidan asked once more. His eyes went to Asuma, seeing that he had the 12 Guardian symbol with him. He then began to complain about how he needed to go back inside the office.

"We are shinobi of the Leaf Village. Our orders are to capture or eliminate you Akatsuki. We already know you usually operate in pairs. My original idea was to take down one of you first, then capture the other." Asuma then took out his blades. "But I guess that plan's going to have to change."

Hidan began to laugh. "Not your lucky day. I'm afraid you chose the wrong one of us to start with." The Akatsuki member smirked.

"Your partner... where is he?" Asuma questioned, but right after he questioned that, Kakazu came out and almost punched Shikamaru, but the chūnin dodged the punch. They got in their fighting stance, and Hidan had finally made his diagram ready for his ritual.

Asuma and Hidan began to fight. The scythe eventually got Asuma on the cheek and Hidan licked the blood off his scythe before running towards the diagram. When he finally made it, he turned black and white almost like a skeleton figure, but while he was on his ritual, Asuma did his burning ash jutsu and there came a huge fireball.

"Hurts doesn't it?" Hidan asked once the smoke and fire cleared, but instead of Hidan getting burned, Asuma was the one who got burned.

"Wha? What the hell is going on?" Izumo asked, clearly confused.

Asuma took his chance to run towards Hidan, but Hidan stabbed himself in the leg and Asuma fell. Hidan began to laugh uncontrollably. Kotetsu, Izumo, and Shikamaru began to analyze what was happening and figured out that Asuma and Hidan's bodies were connected. Hidan was going to stab himself in the heart.

"Now die!" Hidan shouted.

"I don't think so!" Shikamaru shouted, catching Hidan with his shadow strangle jutsu. Hidan was having trouble getting out of the jutsu, while Shikamaru was sweating bullets as he tried to keep the Akatsuki member contained. Shikamaru started to analyze everything about Hidan and figured out how the man's jutsu worked.

Shikamaru began to move Hidan outside his ritual diagram. Everyone was secretly praising the chūnin's brilliant mind, pretty thankful that he was even there to begin with.

When Hidan was finally out of the circle, Shikamaru used his shadow stitch jutsu. Asuma slowly made his way to Hidan and cut off his head, him and his student were now panting heavily.