All Hail the King!

This episode takes place in the Paradise Life on a Boat filler arc.

Also, Land of Tea? Came from the original anime filler, but think of this as a before thing.

~*~

In the Hayashi Residence, Nariko was sorting out some boxes in her room. Her mother told her earlier that they were throwing away things that the didn't want anymore, so there she was.

"I'm glad it's my day off.." Nariko spoke to herself. "Now I can have time to myself doing things like this. Better than doing some tiring mission."

When Nariko grabbed a box and flipped it over, the belongings fell out of it. It turned out to be a box full of photos. Out of all the photos she saw, she spotted one that stood out.

"Hm?" She picked up the photo and looked at it, taking in every detail.

The photo appeared to be her with Naruto and Sasuke as genin. Of course those two were a handful.. always arguing and making things.. a complete drag, as Shikamaru said frequently. In the photo with them also showed a Prince from the Land of Tea.

"Prince Akira..." she whispered.

~*~

Flashback

Nariko and Neji were walking through the busy streets of Konoha. Neji decided to spend a bit of his morning with someone else before he went to train with Hinata later. For some reason, he chose Nariko, who of course had nothing else better to do. Anyway, they talked about what their sensei's may have in store for them next week.

"If Guy-sensei doesn't have anything planned for us, we might just train repeatedly. No breaks at all." Neji said with a sigh.

"Amaya-sensei might assign us another boring mission.. not that I'm complaining", Nariko lazily spoke. "As long as it isn't a serious one where one of us ends up getting slaughtered by rogue ninja."

The brown haired Hyūga couldn't help but grimace at the girl's words. "I doubt that'd ever happen to you- err, any of you. Any of us."

As they walked and talked, the two were unaware of a certain Uchiha walking behind them from afar. He was looking down at the ground as he walked when he remembered what his sensei told him before he left.

"I'll be out on a mission with Guy. While I'm gone, the Hokage might assign you and Naruto together a mission since Sakura is fulfilling her duties at the hospital."

"What? Why can't she help with us?"

"Well, for starters, she's learning a lot about being a medical ninja. Plus, this is an opportunity for you and Naruto to be on good terms without her in the way, and that's not a bad thing."

Sasuke groaned just by thinking of what Kakashi told him. He could be assigned a mission with Naruto? And Sakura doesn't have to join? One of two idiots with him would be nice.. but still, one of them is completely nerve wracking.

"..Tch. Why do I always have to be lectured about that dobe.." he muttered under his breath. It was bad enough that they were on the same squad.

Nariko and Neji's attention went to Ino, who ran towards them and stopped them from walking any further.

"Nariko, Lady Tsunade wants to see you in her office. There's two others she wants to-"

The blonde paused when she noticed Sasuke behind them. That was when Neji and Nariko looked back to see the Uchiha, who was looking unamused about working with Naruto while Kakashi was gone.

Sasuke scoffed and looked up to see the three's eyes on him. "...What."

"..Sasuke! Lady Tsunade wants to see you in her office too!" Ino practically shouted at him as she blushed.