Kurai Onizawa

Here's some information about Kurai.

~*~

Debut
Anime: Team Amaya (consider it a filler.. lol.)
Movie: Naruto Shippūden the Movie: The Will of Fire
OVA: Hidden Leaf Village Grand Sports Festival!
Appears in: Anime, Movie, OVA

Personal
Birthday: July 16th
Sex: Male
Age: (Part l) 12-13
         (Part ll) 16-17
Height: (Part l) 150.8 cm – 152.4
               (Part ll) 167 cm
Weight: (Part l) 41.5 kg – 42.4 kg
               (Part ll) 52.1
Blood Type: B
Occupation: Employee at Lightning Burger
                  Chūnin Exams Proctor
Affiliation: Konohagakure
Team: Team Amaya
Clan: Onizawa Clan
Ninja Rank in Part I: Genin
Ninja Rank in Part ll: Chūnin
Family: Kaito Onizawa (father), Naomi Onizawa (mother), Daichi Onizawa (brother)
Nature Type: Earth and Fire
——————————————————————
Kurai Onizawa (鬼沢 くらい, Onizawa Kurai) is a member of Konohagakure's Onizawa Clan and a member of Team Amaya. In later years, Kurai marries Aiko and becomes an employee for Lighting Burger (a job he had no choice but to get).

~*~

Background
Kurai is the second child of Naomi and Kaito Onizawa. He used to have an older brother, Daichi Onizawa, but he was killed by the Akatsuki at 15 years old while on his way back home. Kurai was a quiet, but happy child who wanted to follow in his father's footsteps, not really paying attention to his older brother that much. He admitted later on saying that he wished he got close to Daichi.

It was revealed that Kurai had known Aiko since they were children due to their mother's being close friends. The two never attended the Academy as they were homeschooled, learning the basic stuff from home.

In Part One, it was revealed that his home life was verbally abusive due to his mother lashing out on him and his father for the simplest things, like washing the dishes or making the bed. However, she was only like that due to the fact that she was angry that her son was killed. She eased up a bit later on, even getting therapy for two months.

Kurai thought of his father as a good role model, and wanted to be just like him.. even wanting the ability to become Hokage when he grows up.

~*~
Personality
Kurai was known at first to be a self absorbed boy who only cared about himself and his own thoughts. He was shown to be a bragger at times, especially to Naruto when he said he was going to become Hokage. The same can be with his relationship with Sasuke, whom he bragged that he was stronger than him.

Even though he was portrayed like that when he first appeared, he was shown to ease up a bit on the others later on. Kurai can be pretty overprotective of Aiko, causing the others (Kiba and Nariko) to question whether he likes her or not; the result is him getting defensive with the whole thing. He, like Nariko, didn't understand love back then and thought it was stupid to have those kinds of feelings. He only wanted to focusing on becoming strong.

Kurai is depicted to be helpful too, even helping Aiko train with her Fire Release since he doesn't know anything about Lightning. At one point, he helped Ino at Yamanaka's Flowers just to buy flowers for Aiko.

He was revealed to be an ambivert, showing to be introverted and extroverted at the same time. Sometimes, he prefers to be alone and train by himself while other times, he goes out with the others and helps them out with stuff.

In Part ll, when acting like his usual self, the others get used to it and start joking with him. Kurai gets annoyed by this, but just shrugs it off.

He loves weapons and training. In fact, his favorite times to train is during the afternoon or when he isn't doing a mission with his team.