Killing Me

3 months later.

" nigga... the fuck you got going on in here? Shit stank" Zaye spat fanning the smell as Tony walked over flipping on the lights here in my office.

I'd practically been living here, I was still struggling with believing that me and Elle was really over. I felt like we were just beginning and for it to be over like this in a blink of an eye was really hard for me to cope with.

" bro you need help" Tony said trashing the empty bottles of Remi and Henny.

" y'all don't like whatchu see? Niggas y'all can leave" I spat pointing to the door. They didn't even tell me they were coming by "just popping up and shit." I mumbled the last part but shit...it was true.

" we ain't going nowhere. When the last time you seen the kids" Zaye questioned pausing to hear an answer that he didn't get.

truth be told I had been sleeping up the block from the crib in my truck. I watch Elle drop lil man off to mom's crib and then drive to Ri's school where she'd stay all day until school was out then go pick lil man up and go home every day.

She'd gotten a job at ri's school as the schools nurse. I thought that was pretty dope

That had become her new routine over the first two months. It was hard for me to see her go on living her life as if she wasn't affected by me not being there.

For the last two weeks this nigga from the school been coming over for dinner and shit. I caught him coming out of his crib and beat the brakes off his ass telling him to stay away from my family and my crib. Honestly I wanted to fuck Elle ass up too but I knew this was my fault.

" exactly nigga. Elle told Lena she and the kids hasn't seen you in three months" Tony spat

" that part! Is the pussy so good it gotchu abandoning yo seeds nigga" Zaye asked shaking his head.

" abandoning? I ain't abandon shit! My kids and her ass stay taken care of I leave money in the mailbox weekly! Fuck yall talm bout" I spat as my real New York accent seeped out.

" just cuz you leave money don't make you and active dad. Nigga that's still a dead beat" Zaye said shaking his head at me

" man fuck both y'all! Get the fuck out" I spat. I was mad because they were reading my ass nothing but truth and that shit hurt.

I was wrong. Trying to hurt Elle I was hurting my kids too. " Fuck" I mumble as they left.

Sighing I went over to the closet and grabbed me up a fit. I needed to shower and get myself together so I could go see my kids.

Walking into my office bathroom I showered washed my hair and drove up to my old neighborhood east Harlem. Parking in front of Deana's beauty salon I walked in. Being greeted instantly by Tammy.

" I know that ain't D up in here" she teased making my laugh for the first time in three months

" you know, you know!" I chuckled side hugging her

" ooo boy, now you know Deana bout to rip you a new ass hole coming in here witcho head looking like this" Tammy said massaging my nappy ass roots.

" I'm already knowing, she back there" I asked pointing to Deana's office door that was closed.

Long story short Deana cursed my ass out and made me help her count the supplies for her inventory then she'd braided me up.

Once Deana was done braiding and lining me up, I tipped her a buck fifty and went up to the front to tip Tammy and paid for the services after that I headed out.