𝐂𝐡.𝟒 𝐀 𝐠𝐥𝐢𝐦𝐩𝐬𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐭

𝐒𝐲𝐞𝐫𝐚 𝐁𝐚𝐤𝐬𝐡𝐢

I am painter and music producer, my identity is hidden as of now because of my parents, I don't want them to know what I do but it's also that they must've guessed I do something or else I wouldn't have been able to get of there.

I don't talk to them, they suffocate me. Being around them makes me feel restless, as if I'd not survive. The more I think of them, the more I want to achieve in life because then I'll be able to tell them how much I've worked hard. Without their help.

My life has been anything but normal, from the time I was seven years till fifteen I lived with a hope of getting out of there someday and when I did I never wanted to look back. I don't have any emotion left for them to ruin.

I felt my soul crying when i recalled the past incidents.

Flashback

Author's POV

An eight year old had just returned from fair, she bought herself a bubbles from the money her mother had given her. In the fair she made sure to not use the money carefully and out of 100 rs. She got, she saved 20 after eating and buying two clips.

She went to her mother saying excitedly "ma dekho hum kya laye hai" her mother turned and said "hmm aur kya kya Lai ho?"

(Mumma see what I've bought/ yes and what else have you bought)

The day past with them her playing with the blowing bubbles and playing with them, while on the other hand her mother got the news that her husband is with his mistress, knowing that she got really mad she tried calling him but he didn't pick up.

Soon it was evening, the little girl was peacefully playing inside a room when suddenly she heard her parents' loud voice, though she was habituated to it but still she was scared for her mother.

Getting out to see them,she saw her father was about to hit her mother. She tried stopping him but he shouted at her also. Running her mother went to her aunt's room and she followed.

They both were shouting at each other and her father was also blaming her saying it's all because of her. Her mother said to her aunt,

"Isse aacha toh Mar jana hi hoga, mei toh bolti hum hum dono ma beti Mar jate hai"

(It's better to just die, both I and my daughter will die)

Her aunt tried to convince her saying, "isme baccha ka koi galti nhi hai"

(The child has no fault)

"Nhi Marr jana hi behtar hai"

(No its just better to die)

"Aree bacchi ka bhi toh future hai, apne pairo par khadi hogi aapko khush rakhegi, uski galti nhi hai Agar uske papa aise hai"

(The child has her own future, she'll grow up do something that'll make you happy, it's not her fault if her father is like this)

The young girl was listening to all these, she knew her father was a cheater but her mother was so abundant to make him hers, it didn't matter if he had cheated she still wanted him and him only.

Flashback ends

𝐒𝐲𝐞𝐫𝐚 𝐁𝐚𝐤𝐬𝐡𝐢

I got ready to meet Asher, Ahil and the others. I'm very glad that I got so many friends on the first day only. I hope they're as nice as they look.

Her outfit

The Cafe was just ten minutes from home so I walked there, upon reaching they all greet me and I did the same

The Cafe was just ten minutes from home so I walked there, upon reaching they all greet me and I did the same. There were Asher, Ahil, Ekansh and Avni at first then others came a little later.

" Syera, how was your first day at university" Avni asked and as much as I've known of her she's sassy but nice.

"It was good" I replied not knowing what else to say and silently took a sip of my boba.

"You know you're very very cute and if I  were a guy I'd have definitely dated you" she winked my way while I giggled at her comment.

"Sure but i don't think Syera has that bad taste in guys" Ekansh said while pretending to think but got smacked by Avni to which everyone laughed and Ahil said "God di I never took you for someone so cool" Ekansh though in pain but still laughed with everyone else.

"You wanna think before you speak next time" Avni threatened while rubbing her hands together.

Time passed just like that, most of the time I talked with either Avni or Ishay but after sometime they went away and Asher approached me,

"Hey there"

"Hey" I replied

"Are you enjoying here?"

"I am thanks to you all"

"Glad to hear that. Now let's play Q&A"
I was a little nervous as to what he'll ask but I should stay positive.

"Hmm okay"

"Do you like movies?" He asked and I answered after taking a bite of my waffles "I'm not a fan but I do find myself watching quite a lot of movies. What about you?" I asked, taking another bite

He paused and stared at my waffles so with a heavy heart I asked, "you want a bite?" He came out of his zone and slightly shook his head and said

"Sorry what did you ask?"

Taking another bite i said "Do you like movies"

"I'm also not a very big fan but I do watch some movies" I nod at him while licking the ice-cream on my waffle.

Then he asked a question and did something I'd not expected.