𝐂𝐡.𝟐𝟒 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐝 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬

𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

"And because of it, her mother was proud of her. Now you students tell me, when did your parents feel proud of you?." The teacher asked his students, some of them answered and some said that their parents are proud but don't say it out loud.

"So, tomorrow I'll ask you this again, and I want you to ask them when was the moment they felt like 'oh that's my child' okay. Tomorrow I need answers."

The class ended and the little girl who knew that she won't be getting the answer to that hoped that the teacher forgets.

The day went on, she mostly stayed in her room, doing her homework and watching some videos on the phone she was given.

The next day, the time of her classes were reaching, she was waiting for the person who was supposed to drop her but then comes her father, fuming in anger.

"You called him to drop you right?"

"I did but he said he can't come."

"What do you mean he can't come, when I asked you, you said he is but now you're saying he's not." She flinched as he shouted.

"I did but later he said he can't-" the man kept of screaming at the little girl of thirteen for a silly thing which shouldn't even matter but that's for others to say and her to bear.

At the end he dropped her not missing a chan e to making her feel like she has committed a crime.

On the way she remembered that she was supposed to ask her parents "when was the moment they felt proud of her".

Only she knew how much she was scared of such questions where it involves her family.

She knew that there's no way she would be able to ask him that question. He would probably not pay any heed to it or maybe he felt any sort of thing for her ever.

But what can she do, she tries her best to not make them burdened but no matter what she does, she ends up in the same situation.

She heard the taunts while thinking what to answer to make if the teacher asks. Her eyes became blury as thought of everything going on in her life.

All the while she spent with her father while he taunted her, she felt as if she was just some stranger ruining the peace of their life. Maybe she was to blame, or was she?

There was test in her class today. She was prepared, she worked hard to score good marks. But the problem was that she was remembering the event that had happened with her father.

How he yelled at her, how he behaved with her, his words and everything was making wanting to her break down but she controlled her tears and gave the test as best as she could.

𝐒𝐲𝐞𝐫𝐚 𝐁𝐚𝐤𝐬𝐡𝐢

I opened my eyes as I felt someone's fingers brushing against my cheek. I saw Asher. He was laying beside me having my head in his chest as his fingers continued to wipe the tears off my face.

And that's when I realized I was crying in my sleep.

"How are you feeling?" He asked me, Whispering in his deep voice.

"I-what happened to me?" I raised myself in bed with his help and looked at him.

"You were having a fever when I came in here" I nodded but then,

"But how? I had locked the door."

"Well you see, I apparently own this house so I've the keys to each and every room in this house. Now leave all that you freshen up, I'll get you something to eat."

With that he left the room. I also get up streching my arms, I turned my head to see the time and....

It was almost 11 am. So this is the reason he came in my room to wake me up, probably panicked.

I freshened up, wore my clothes and then went downstairs.

Her outfit

His outfit

I found him sitting infornt of the already set table. I went and sat beside him, he severed me and helped himself with a roll. After the meal, he gave a pill. My fever was down so nothing much to worry about.

Currently he's massaging my head and mind you it feels like heaven.

When he started massaging my head, I experience a feeling of safety and security. His touches is soft and comforting, as if he is trying to soothe away any anxiety or distress i am may feeling.

I felt a sense of closeness and intimacy between the two of us, as if his touch is a physical manifestation of his love and affection.

As he gently works his fingers through my hair, I  noticed a decrease in my worries and stress, feeling cared for and cherished in his embrace.

My eyes were turning heavy because of the comfort I'm experiencing, but I try to keep them open,

"You can rest if you want" he said

"no, I already slept for soo long now I want to be awake" he nodded and continued.

"are you going to keep on staring at me or want to say something?" He smiles.

"No-i ....let's go somewhere to spend the day" I suggested to drop the topic.

"Hmm good idea but where do you want to go?"

"Umm I...don't know" he chuckled and squeezed my cheeks making me look like a fish.

"Hey, don't it hwts" I whined.

"Okay, sorry. Let's see where we can go"

______________________________________
Make sure to vote.