★ 13 ★

ONLY READ THIS IF YOU ARE ON WATTPAD. TEENFIC.NET HAS STOLEN THIS BOOK ILLEGALLY. THE ORIGINAL CREATOR IS I_am_a_Frog_ ON WATTPAD.

:D

man don't you just love it when you feel like you're running around writing stories when you have insperation but the next day its gone

TWs: asthma attack, sprinting, plot twists, hamilton reference(????)

enjoy the wholesomeness!

enjoy it while it lasts :)

-----

Martyn yelped as the light from the opening doors blinded him temporarily. His eyes adjusted soon enough and he spotted someone carrying someone else- before the doors closed again, leaving him in the darkness of the party once again.

"Hey Martyn!" Ren called from a few feet away. "Bet you can't beat me in a race!" 

Martyn held Ren's gaze with a cheeky grin. "Bet you I can!" He ran to one side of the ballroom with Ren.

"Touch this wall, touch the other wall, touch the third wall, touch the stage, and make it back here." Martyn smiled at Ren's words, taking in as much air as he could.

Some people seemed to notice what the two friends were doing and cleared the way, telling others to do the same. A song on the stage ended, and the main singer bowed gracefully. She noticed Martyn and Ren preparing for the race and whispered to someone near the foot of the stage. 
The person ran up to Martyn and Ren.

"Hi! I'm Pearl, and my friend Gem just asked me to ask you what you're doing?" She asked sweetly, bird wings fluttering excitedly.

"I'm Ren, this is Martyn." Ren introduced. "We're doing a race. I'd say... five? Five laps?"

Martyn shook his head. "Ten." He grinned.

Ren looked to Martyn dubiously, "You sure you can handle ten?" Martyn nodded, ignoring the one side of his brain screeching disapproval.

"Alright! I'm gonna go tell Gem." Pearl left quickly with a flick of her wings. Martyn tilted his head. Something seemed familiar about her...

"Hello, everyone! I hope you're enjoying the party so far!" Cheers followed the person (Gem???)'s words.

"I do have to ask you to take a quick pause! Over there," She pointed to Martyn and Ren, "two friends are having a race! If you could please clear the way for them, we're going to see who wins!"

Martyn felt himself heating up with embarrassment as many heads turned to look at him. He offered a small, awkward wave, getting in position to run.

"On your marks!"

Martyn summoned his ghostly green wings, hearing many 'Oooooo's of wonder.