★ 2 ★

ONLY READ THIS IF YOU ARE ON WATTPAD. TEENFIC.NET HAS STOLEN THIS BOOK ILLEGALLY. THE ORIGINAL CREATOR IS I_am_a_Frog_ ON WATTPAD.

Aha!
The southlands, made some towe-

just kidding lol.

Ember's gonna cause serious angst when they read THIS chapter.

TW: Bad parents, serious injuries, harassment, school.

___________________

The days passed quickly.

Well, not that quickly when you were being harassed. At least, Scar thought he was being harassed. It sure felt like it.

His father had broken his legs so much that they were permanently unusable, and gosh did they hurt. Scar had to use vex magic to get around, and most of the time his mother would yell at him for using it.

Scar had been named Scar, because- well, he was covered in them. Most of them weren't scars yet, either, they were just bleeding scrapes. He'd had the ones on his face forever now, and it was from his own mother, who didn't even say sorry after.

It was September first, and Scar was now telling his parents about the school.

"So, basically I stay there for the entire year and then come...  here... for the summer." Scar said, trying to keep his voice confident. The reason he'd not used the word home was because... well, this place never felt like his home.

He looked from his abusive mother to his father who shouted all the time. The two parents seemed to think it over.

With a nod, Scar's mother turned back to him. "No." She said firmly.

"WHAT?! Why?!" Scar asked in disbelief. His vex magic slowly faded and he ended up leaning against a wall, sitting down.

"Because we don't want you spending your years learning about "magic" or "safety". You're staying here and doing chores." His father replied.

Scar hissed. His eyes glowed a vex blue and he stormed out of the room, hovering into his bedroom and slamming the door behind him.  Landing himself on the bed, Scar cried. He felt his small grey-and-white cat, Jellie slip into his arms and purr, curling up there.

The letter from about two weeks ago lay in a random drawer somewhere and a black suitcase was packed with all the things he needed...

So...

Couldn't he leave anyways?

He had all his stuff, and his parents surely wouldn't be able to stop him from going. Hadn't they gone when they were little?

Scar wiped his tears away and held Jellie in his arms as he sat up. He used his magic to float in the air and grabbed his suitcase, the letter and the badge. With a loud bang, he quickly flew out of his room and out the front door.

His parents couldn't stop him. It was the first day of September. He could make it in time. In about five minutes. Now four.

Scar was speeding through the air as fast as he could, his vex wings spreading and gliding through the air. Jellie meowed loudly. The air was a clear blue, perfect for flying through, and Scar felt his heart pounding. He eventually saw it- the entrance to the school. The school was massive, and surrounded by a barrier that, Scar assumed, could only be walked through by people with badges.

Gasping, Scar felt himself dropping. He calmly landed on a bench, his legs stinging and his wings tired. Looking up, he saw two teachers and another student notice him.

Oh gosh. Everything hurt...

His legs... his scrapes... he felt... dizzy... were the teachers and student coming closer to him...?

He felt... faint...

darkness edged his vision...

and... finally... everything went black.

I fixed this :P
writing this at school, lol

SCAR CHAPTER!!!!

>:D