Leaving

Rose POV

Kaz had blackmailed Helvar into helping us and we were now packing our things to get ready for the trip. Kaz seemed lost in thought as he packed. I walked up behind him and grabbed his hat off his head, putting on my head and walking dramatically around the room.

"Rose give me my hat." Kaz sighed. taking a swipe for it. I dodged him.

"No I'm you now." I told him, dodging yet again as he made to grab his hat back.

"You can't be me Rose." Kaz told me, walking towards me slowly. 

"Watch me." I said. To my surprise Kaz walked to the bed and sat down.

"Entertain me than Rose, give it your best shot." Kaz told me.

"Your lucky I didn't have him take you out with a head shot." I started, deepen my voice and adding a slight rasp to make it sound like Kaz's.

Kaz smirked slightly from the bed but I continued.

"I'm not here to make friends." I said attempting to mimic his glare but just ended up bursting into laughter. 

"Nice try." Kaz said sarcastically finally grabbing his hat off my head. I went to grab it back but he just held it over his head and out of my reach. I looked at him with a slight smirk before letting my eyes flicker to his lips.

"What?" Kaz asked, confusion taking over his features. 

"Nothing." I told him before leaning up and kissing him. He lowered his hand to wrap them around me and I grabbed his hat again, running away with it. 

"You little." Kaz said as he chased me into the bedroom. I sat on the bed and waited for him. I stared up at him with innocent eyes. He leaned in and started tickling me.

"K-Kaz st- stop" I gasped in between laughs. He grabbed his hat back for the second time and stopped, leaving me gasping for air on the bed. I got up and continued packing. 

"Per Haskel came by while you were out getting weapons for us, he wants to see you." Kaz told me, the smile vanishing from his face as quickly as it had appeared.

"I wonder what he wants." I wondered out loud.

"Probably for you to torture a traitor, he went on for about five minutes on how I didn't give Big Bol a harsh enough punishment. I thought it was harsh enough." Kaz shrugged. 

"Right, well I'll meet you on the boat." I told Kaz giving him a kiss before walking out. I walked down to Haskel's office and knocked. 

"Come in." I heard the old man say. I walked inside and stood in front of the desk. My eyes widened slightly at the sight of Big Bol tied to a chair next to me. 

"I didn't feel as though his punishment was harsh enough." Haskel explained "So your job is to make it harsh enough."

"Right do you have a gag? He'll be be an example enough when people see him. I don't need his screams making me deaf. Especially when I have a job to go on." Haskel handed me a gag and I got to work.

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

Once I was done I put my hands to his temple. 

"Who did this to you?" I asked gesturing to his arm. 

"Kaz Brekker." He responded.

"Good and what will happen if he sees you?" I inquired.

"He'll do the same with my other arm." Big Bol told me.

"Good job, now you best be going before he sees you ya?" I said dabbing the sweat of my brow with a handkerchief.  Big Bol jumped out of his chair and ran out the room. I smiled in satisfaction. Dirty hands had just got his hands a little dirtier thanks to his phantom.

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

I walked to first harbor where our ship was docked. I could see Kaz and the others in the distance, meaning I was the last one there. Just as I was about to call out a greeting I stepped on something soft and stumbled. Looking down I saw Rotty, with glassy eyes and a knife sticking out of his chest. "Kaz!" I screamed. I saw him turn to look at me before the explosion hit and I was blown of my feet. I recovered quickly and hoisted myself up on the shipping crates. I had a view of the fight below. I looked around to see who needed help. Kaz was no where to be seen, Nina and Matthias seemed to be faring on their own. Nina had cut though his bonds and handed him a rifle, telling him to defend himself. Jesper was helping Wylan. I looked around and spotted Inej. She was cornered by two guys. I stalked towards them. Their backs were to the crates. I landed silently on the ground behind them and used my hands to mimic two knives being thrown next to their heads. She understood and threw to knives next to the men's heads landing with a clang on the ground beside me.

"You missed Wraith." One of them said. 

"I never miss." She responded.

"Surprise." I said from behind them. They started to turn and I slit both of their throats. "Get to the boat." I told her giving her her knives back.

"It blew up." She responded.

"It was a decoy go to berth twenty two." I told her, hopping up on the crates again. Nina and Matthias needed help. Nina could only use her power for what she could see and Matthias was having trouble with the fog. There were at least nine guys shooting at them. I took the bow off my shoulder and knocked an arrow. I let it fly hitting the guy in the middle. I repeated the prosses for the other eight. The fog cleared enough for them to see me and I flashed two fingers at them, twice. Nina nodded in understanding and they ran off. I saw a flash of light followed by gunshots that meant Jesper and Wylan had made it to the ship. Now all that was left to do was to find Kaz and get out of here. As I crawled down one of the crates, bow safely on my shoulder, I felt a knife being held to the back of my neck. 

"Turn around slowly." The man holding the knife told me. I turned around slowly like he told me until I was facing them. I recognized Ommen from the Black Tips. "Because I can't have you running away." Ommen said as he stabbed me in the side. I winced at the pain. I knew I couldn't run because Ommen had a tight grip on my shoulders. I put my hands together and used my powers to slow Ommen's heart. Ommen grimaced but slammed my body onto the crates, causing me to lose focus. "We caught Brekker's phantom. I can't wait to hear his secrets." Ommen laughed.

"I'd- never- tell- you- his -secrets." I gasped out.

"You will Darling." Ommen cooned, tracing the knife down my cheek. "You just need the right motivation." Suddenly Ommen fell to the ground, and I saw Kaz with his cane in the air.

"Get him onto the ship." Kaz said to the guy with him, Pim.

"What about her?" Pim asked gesturing to me, who was currently lying at Kaz's feet.

"I'll take her." Kaz said as he lifted me in his arms. Kaz started in a run towards the ship.

"Can't you heal yourself Rose?" Kaz asked gently, glancing down at me. 

"Not with the jostling, Kaz put me down." I told him.

"Why?" He asked.

"You can't carry me and use your cane." I responded.

"Don't care." Kaz said simply.

"Put Me Down." I said in a low voice. Kaz looked at me with slight concern before doing what I asked. He had learned to do what I asked otherwise I would just fight it. Being with Dirty hands for so long had made me as stubborn as the man himself. Kaz helped me up and I leaned heavily on him. We made our way to the boat together. Just as we reached the docks the blood loss had become to much for me and I collapsed on the deck. Kaz knelt next to me.

"Come on Rose were almost on the dock." Kaz said, looking down at me with pleading eyes. 

"I - can't." I gasped. And with that the world grew black.

------------------------------

Thanks so much for the 59 reads! I'm over halfway to 100!!! Love you guys so much!