7

Vishwa

"Aen sirikura?" (Why are you smiling?) I avert my eyes to Ashok with the same victorious smile lingering on my brims.

"I've got a funny new neighbor," erasing the smile off my lips, I imagine Kuyili's burdened expression when she realized that I'd outrun her in conveying the events to her father.

I did edit some parts to turn the incident in my favour but it was worth it. The disappointment and frustration painted across her face had me weirdly satisfied and intrigued.

Perhaps, it's the hatred I possess for women that urged me to be a sadist.

"Is this new neighbor a 'female'?" I quirk my eyebrows slightly, annoyed by the romantic hint his voice drips.

"She is. But I despise her," he smirks at my response. "I don't recall asking whether you like her or not," I throw a disgusted look upon discerning his teasing gaze.

"Poda," (Just go) I dismiss him and focus my interest back on my work.

Post the betrayal of my ex-wife, I'd never even speculated the idea of being with a woman. Yet I wouldn't lie saying that I wasn't lonely and was perfectly fine with my life. I wasn't.

I need someone but I'm way too terrified of getting emotionally attached to someone again. What If that person repeats the action of my ex? What If I end up trapping myself in the same pathetic situation again?

Maybe I would eventually get rid of these fears but as for now, I'm alright sinking in this misery. It's just a matter of time before I emerge out of these...atleast I hope so.

'...'

Unlocking the main door, I do my regular routine of freshening up and preparing coffee. While carrying the mug to my room, I heed knocks on the door and I furrow my eyebrows dubiously before strolling forward.

Once I peel the door open, my eyes roam over Kuyili who is standing with a cold attitude masking her face and hands folded across her chest.

Well...

I know she is indignant over what I did yesterday...but damn, she looks so effortlessly funny that I couldn't control the twitch in my lips. I dip my head down slightly and bite the inner side of my cheeks, attempting to curtail the laughter.

"You...how dare you...are you laughing at me right now!?" She booms and I clear my throat, quickly putting on a blank expression.

"Why are you here?" She fiercely stares at me and I could tell by her demeanor that all she wanted to do now was to strangle me. "To let you know that you are an arrogant jerk," she grits out through her teeth while I calmly respond by nodding my head.

"I agree. And now that you have said it, how about you return to your flat and quit disturbing me, hm? Or should I close the door in your face, again?" Lines of anger forms on her forehead and up until now I hadn't realized that infuriating a female was one of the ways through which I could relieve my heart.

Seconds pass by but the girl exists there in silence, exerting her detest for me with her wide eyes. "I will definitely get back at you for all this...mark my words, Mister," she seethes at me and dramatically turns around before walking away.

Shaking my head at her, I shut the door and settle in my room with the laptop secured on my lap. There wasn't anything particular in my mind to browse about. Hence I wander over the various folders and click open my marriage album.

It didn't hurt me anymore. I've crossed that stage and all that remains now is an indescribable pain and numbness in my chest.

I smile as I behold the moment when I tie the nuptial chain around her neck. Thought I would have her till the end of my life during that heavenly period...