23

Vishwa

"Good night Kuyil," I say as we prevail at the entrance of my apartment, ready to retire to slumber. However, by the way, Kuyil is perking up at me, it's apparent that she's not a bit interested in snoozing now. Her countenance bears a gleam from the time I'd kissed her. It appears as though her happiness is radiating off her face.

She's adorable.

"Po..." (go) I usher but she shakes her head negatively. "You know, Father wouldn't come back tonight, so..." I lift one of my eyebrows as she trails off, staring at me curiously. "So what Kuyil?" She sighs, demonstrating her annoyance. "Okay, sleep well, good night... tube light.." she says the last word in a whisper but I catch it. As she swirls to retreat, I scrunch her t-shirt on her back and hurl her to me.

"What exactly would you like for us to do tonight?" I question softly, twirling her around in my hold and facing her. "Just cuddle and sleep together," she speaks up, gazing into my eyes. "That's it?" I tighten my grip on her waist and squeeze it, which prompts her eyes to expand in shock.

"Che che...I wasn't thinking about that," I chuckle at her panic mode, finding it way too cute. "You see Kuyil, as I don't wish to be a tubelight, I would like to sleep together with you tonight..." I blurt out with a mischievous glint in my eyes to tease her. As I anticipated, she gawks at me anxiously.

"No..." She shakes her head, pushes at my chest, and dashes into her apartment. I heed the door being bolted from inside and I smile to myself at her action. Honestly, it doesn't feel like we just started dating. Everything between us seems natural...

Perhaps, it's because we've known each other for almost two months now. Or maybe cause we were always picking on each other.

With the same smile lingering on my lips, I enter my apartment and close the door.

That night, I was happy. I had a profound sleep.

Kuyili

"Why have you cooked so many dishes today?" Father queries, watching the various food items settled on the dining table. He returned home around 8 'o'clock but I'd wake up much earlier. Well, I couldn't even fall asleep...

I was flustered all night and kept on thinking about Vishwa which as a result, stole away my sweet slumber.

Yet, my face was glimmering as though I'd rested well. Only I know that this is because of Vishwa.

"Summa thaan pa.." (Simply dad..) I shrug while Dad zeroes in on me with his sharp eyes. "Are you hiding something from me?" Do I look that obvious?? "No, why would you ask that? Don't overthink appa, have the food before it cools down," I pinch his cheeks and walk to the kitchen, feeling terrible as I'd lie to him.

God knows how he would react If he were to find out about Vishwa and me.

But as Appa has a good impression of Vishwa, there's a slight chance that he would be approved by my father. Even so, I'm uncertain of how he would act though. He despises love marriages. He handles several cases of such kinds in his duty and he would tell me about how ungrateful some children are as they so easily betray their parents and elope away.

I remember him narrating about the pain and grief of their parents when their kids would choose their love partners instead of their parents when left with the question of whom they would like to part ways with.

That look of disappointment, disgust, and anguish on Father's face, I still could recollect it vividly. Whenever he elucidates such stories, I always think from the perspective of the lovers and I end up, not giving much thought to the parent's feelings.

Yet now...I couldn't help but think about it contrarily, from the point of view of my father. He would be completely devastated If I were to prefer Vishwa instead of him. Not that I would ever do that...

To me, both are equivalent. I require both of them in my life. Without my father's permission and blessings, I won't ever marry Vishwa. I will persuade my father until he agrees to let us be together!!

Yes!

A while later, after having my food along with my father, I rush into  Vishwa's apartment to provide him with food. Damn, the time is 8. 30 am, I'm late! "I missed the timing, sorry!" I apologetically say as Vishwa perches himself on the chair while tying his wristwatch.

Instinctively, I hold his hand and aid him in fastening the watch around his wrist. He glances at me before commencing to consume the breakfast. He's going to be late to the even If he wastes a minute now...

After helping him tie the wristwatch, I dreamily seize his appearance and attire. He has worn a brown button-up shirt and black formal pants. His hair is messy, his face has begun growing out the once shaved facial hair and currently, he's enjoying the food I cooked, delightedly.

He's just so attractive in my eyes. Is it because I love him that he appears mesmerizing to me? No wonder people say love is a magic.

"Father will become suspicious If I stay here for long. He has night duty today and he will be present here throughout the daytime," I explain to Vishwa and stand on my foot. "Got it, the food is delicious Kuyil!" He compliments and I smile lovingly at him.

"Wait...what about your lunch then?" I ask in worry as I've heard from him about how awful the canteen food tastes. "Do not worry, I'll manage it in the canteen and from tomorrow onwards, I'll start to cook again. I feel more than healthier now," he replies nonchalantly, focused on having his breakfast.

Shaking my head at him, I exit his apartment and head back to mine. Hours passed by as usual and appa and I played chess before having our lunch. Once done with the meals, Dad left to take a nap while I tidied up the kitchen.

Afterward, I contacted my brothers and spoke to them for a long time. I miss them. Initially, it was nice being in the apartment alone. It was a good change given the fact that I'd people around me back in my native home, all the time.

However, this apartment life, after a certain point of time, gets lonely.

____________________

Get ready to handle the romance😗