25

Kuyili

"Aren't you scared to sleep in the same bed as me?" Vishwa implores as I lay next to him on the mattress. "Why should I be?" I question him back, nestling towards him. He wraps his hand around my shoulder and assists me as I cuddle his body. Once I rested my head on his chest, I felt warmth filling my whole self.

"Because I'm a guy, Kuyil," as If I don't know that. "Do you mean to say that you can't control yourself?" I wonder as I raise myself and place my head on his arm.

The room has a yellowish glint and I can make out Vishwa's appearance. He has tucked one of his hands behind his head and the other is acting as a pillow to my head. But instead of gazing at me, he's staring at the ceiling dejectedly.

I can feel his foul mood from the time we shared a kiss. Would it be related to his past that's bothering him?

"Vishwa," I poke my index finger on his cheeks, tilting my body to face him. He didn't react to my antics and rather prevailed eerily calm.

All of a sudden, he sits up on the bed and I follow suit, perching myself beside him, feeling extremely concerned. "Vishwa, are you okay?" He doesn't reply nor look in my direction.

Seconds pass by and out of the blue, he speaks up, "Hridaya was my ex-wife Kuyil. She's not my ex-girlfriend. I was married to her and we divorced years ago as she cheated on me..." It took me a while to process his words and when it did, my mouth parts in shock.

He was married to her!? He was a married man!?

"I didn't want to share the tragic story of my marriage with anyone and wished to forget my ex. Which was why, I kept you in the dark all these days, Kuyil. But now that this bond has formed between us, it's my responsibility to let you know about my past," As he completes his words, I find myself in a dumbfounded state.

Until now, the way I'd been perceiving him was different. He was just a normal guy to me who had unfortunately gone through a bitter breakup. However, after his disclosure about his marriage and divorce, he appears distinct in my eyes. Like a completely damaged person. I couldn't even begin to imagine his pain. Being married to someone, adoring them, and getting cheated by them. The grief caused by such disloyalty, I could never discern. And the fact that I couldn't, makes my heart ache for him.

"The decision is yours Kuyil, take your time and tell me whether you want to continue our relationship or not," his tone has gone soft and he sounds hopeless. "Would you be fine If I say that I don't want you anymore, Vishwa?" I ask him aloud and wait patiently to heed his answer.

"I'll respect your decision Kuyil," he mutters, despair oozing off his tone. I swiftly move in front of him and hug him with tears adorning my eyes.

"Summa Sonnen, enku neenga Venum, Vishwa," (I was kidding, I want you, Vishwa)

I murmur in his ear and I can feel his body relax before he embraces me tightly. "Kuyil..." He nuzzles his face into my neck and we fall onto the mattress, entwined with each other.

"Ah," I gasp at the kiss he places on my neck and pull myself away to face him. "Vishwa," I try to talk but he smooches me on my lips, again and again. His showcase of affection has me panting for breath and once I'm back to normal, I close his mouth using my hands and utter, "Let me speak," he nods his head.

"Do you know the whereabouts of your ex?" I ask, shifting my hand away to heed his reply. "I don't know anything about her life. But my brother told me that she's happy," does she deserve to live merrily after spoiling Vishwa's life? That's unfair, isn't it?

"She was pregnant with the child of the man she cheated me with when we divorced. By now she would be a mother of a baby," my eyes bulge at the new information. "She was pregnant?" I amuse.

"Yeah, that's when I confirmed that she was cheating on me. I never touched her, Kuyil. Yet she claimed me to be the child's father and made my entire family side with her by her acting. None believed me and If it wasn't for the DNA test report, I would've never gotten justice. We had a bunch of arguments and fights in our home during our divorce period. My mother treated me worse. She trusted her ex-daughter-in-law over her son, she looked at me with so much disgust whenever I told her that the baby wasn't mine. There's a lot to it...I don't want to recall all of those," I empathetically watch him as he narrates.

[It is possible to get a paternity test while you're pregnant. Non-invasive prenatal paternity testing, which is one of the options for a DNA test while pregnant, can be done as soon as seven weeks into pregnancy. Source : Google]

"That's why you despise your parents?" He nods and continues, "I only have contact with my younger brother now. He's the only person who believed in me. Mother and father tried to apologize after the judgment came in favor of me but I've had enough at that point and ended things with them," he sighs softly while I place a kiss on his cheek and cuddle him.

"You've gone through a lot, Vishwa. I feel really bad for you," as I express my honest thoughts, Vishwa rubs my back soothingly. "That's fine. I'm alright now...unnala thaan (because of you)" He whispers in my ear.

I smile heartily and lay my head on his chest. "It's going to be extra hard to convince my father," I say in distress as I reckon about his reaction...

"That's right. No father would want their daughter to become someone's second wife," Vishwa affirms in a guilty tone.

"We'll find a way to make him accept us, do not worry much," I voice out, determined, but internally, I was trembling in fear. My father could be very scary at times. He already detests love marriages and If he's to know that Vishwa is a divorcee, then there's little to no chance that he'll approve of us.

But I'll not give up. My heart has chosen Vishwa and I'll spend my life with none other than him...

"Did you set the alarm properly?" Vishwa doubts, making me anxious. "Yes, I did..." I trail off, mentally praying to god to wake me up when the alarm goes off.

___________________________