37

The story is inching towards it's end guys! Thanks a lot for your love and support🥰

Vishwa

A month later

With everything that has occurred in my life, I've come to realize something. That is, to take life easy.

It definitely hurts being not able to live with Kuyil but I feel like I've become immune to the pain by now. Nothing really makes me worry these days. And I believe Kuyil has moved on too. I often see her around and she seems to have joined college to pursue her higher studies.

I wished her well. I've got nothing to do with her anymore. I only hoped her a good life ahead.

My days are much stress-free now. I hang out with my friends after office hours, have a pleasant smile on my face most of the time and I converse with everyone.

Life appeared to flow smoothly.

At the moment, I was out with my friends in the cafe that we usually come to. They provide mouth-watering chicken cutlets and milkshakes. And it's the prime reason why we crash here.

And I've seen Kuyil here often, with her friends. Today as well, she's here. I ignored her and concentrated on the conversation with my friends.

"She keeps staring at you, Vishwa," Deepthi says in my ear while I give her a small smile. "Let her be," I reply, sipping on the milkshake.

My friends aren't aware of the things that took place between us. To them, she's just my neighbor. But Deepthi believes that Kuyil has a crush on me. I just laugh it off whenever she says that. She didn't only have a crush on me, she loved me. I always wanted to express this but then again, I didn't like to remind myself of the sour past.

Time went by and I exited the cafe in the late evening. My friends left in their respective vehicles and I hopped on mine to depart when I heard her voice...

"Vishwa," my chest becomes heavy, and all the feelings I've swept aside rush to the shore at her call. Why is she calling me? It was over.

Dismissing her, I start the bike but she grips my wrist. "I want to talk to you," about what? I gaze at her face and shake my head. "I don't want to, leave," she holds my wrist even more tighter. What's wrong with her!?

The dark was setting and people that passed by us gave us weird looks. "Please.." she begs and I sigh a breath before getting down from the bike. I took her to the backside of the cafe where it was spacious and provided privacy.

"Tell, what?" I demand, looking down at her eyes. She doesn't answer, she instead hugs me. It caught me off-guard and stirred resentment within me.

"Kuyil, back off," she shakes her head negatively and embraces me rigidly. Fed up with her, I place my hands on her shoulder and detach her from me.

"Seriously?" I wonder out loud in disbelief. "What do you think of me as, Kuyil? We parted ways mutually. What are you trying to do by hugging this now?" I ask furiously, having had enough of her.

"Vishwa...I..." She stutters and keeps peering at my eyes. "Kuyil, it's over...I do not understand your intentions," I really don't. What is she thinking??

"I miss you Vishwa...I can't bear your ignorance," she says with tears adorning her eyes. "What else did you expect me to do Kuyil?" I raise my voice, angered by her words. Has she gone crazy?

She's tormenting me.

"You wanted this, Kuyil. You asked for it. Then what's your problem now?" I ask in annoyance. "I didn't want this, Vishwa. I just couldn't abandon my father!" I sigh, keeping my wrath in check.

"Kuyil, our chapter has come to an end. Forget me and live your life. You're too young to be distressing like this," I say calmly, striving to pour some sense into her head.

"Don't say that...it hurts Vishwa, sethu poidlaam pola iruku (I feel like dying)" Her words alert me and I don't know what to do...

I left her so that she would live without guilt but she's more crushed than the last time I saw her. It's hurtful to watch her in this condition. "Enaku paithiyam pudikura maathiri iruku," (I feel like I'll go insane) she utters between her cries and leans against my chest.

"Do something...talk to my father..." Again? My restrain breaks apart at her words and I pull her back, yelling at her with fury, "What the hell is wrong with you, Kuyil!? You keep thinking of yourself! What about me? What about my feelings? I was living a somewhat peaceful life before you came by! You destroyed it. You gave me more pain..." I quell, trying to control myself.

I realized that my carefree self these past days was just a coping mechanism to forget about the pain fate inflicted on me...

"Let me be in peace," I tell her, taking a step towards her. "Do not disturb me anymore. Go on with your life," she stands unresponsive.

"I'm sorry..." She mumbles after a few seconds, looking dejected.

If only there was a way for us to be together...

Once I went back to my apartment and refreshed, someone knocked on my door. It was Kuyil's Father.

Oh?
_____________________________