10

Kuyili

He is mean, impulsive, and way too arrogant. I do sympathize with him for having gone through a serious break-up. But how could I stay put and act soft when he speaks so rudely to me? What does he think of me as!?

A sponge that seizes in all his rubbish without ever retaliating!?

Well, you see Mister, I've had enough and I am going to take revenge on you. I don't mind even If I come out as someone immature and irrational. To people like him, I show no mercy!

But how should I cause him despair? Hmm, should I again put the volume up on television and irritate him? Yes! And when he furiously comes into my apartment to warn me, I will attack him with my words first and then tug that long beard of his down with my one hand and knock on his head with my free hand.

I laugh evilly at my own imagination but sigh in annoyance at how unrealistic my plan sounds. I'm the daughter of a genius and strong police officer but I can't even plot a good way to quench my anger on him and teach him a lesson.

Maybe I should relax myself a bit before stressing my mind.

Yes.

Turning the television on, I put on the music channel as usual and was blessed with an energetic song.

Heeding the beats of the song, I start to sweep the floor using the sweeper and eventually, I vibe to the same as I go on to withdraw the clothes from the clothesline.

And that is when I saw him...

Hahahahahaaahah!!

I couldn't control myself and laughed from the bottom of my heart, causing pain in my stomach due to my heavy laughter. What happened to his face!? How can he shave it all just like that instead of shaping them properly? I never anticipated him to do something of this sort when I asked him to shave.

God, this face vanishes all my anger on him. He looks funny...and extremely hilarious when he glares at me with that face!!

I guess I'll have to forgive him again. In no way could I punish him when he already looks so pathetic.

"How long are you planning to laugh!" Oh my, he is even comedic now that he starts to speak. I laugh even harder and I can see the blatant wrath that paints his face. He flushes in between his indignation and it indeed is a sight worth watching.

But!

Kuyili...calm down.

It's not good manners to laugh at someone's appearance. I lower my eyes and turn around but his face that crossed my mind again pushed me to laugh...

"Kuyili! That's enough!" Ah, control Kuyili. He sounds terrifying. Biting the inner side of my cheeks, I swirl back to gaze at him. This time though, I felt quite scared by the serious look etched on his countenance.

Perhaps, I went too far?

"Starting today, don't you dare face me or even try to talk to me again! Stupid!" All my energy drains away and my mood becomes completely sour at his words. He didn't say it lightly.

He was hurt.

And he scolded me. He called me stupid.

I know I shouldn't be feeling so dull but the 'stupid' phrase and his temper had my heart palpitating expeditiously...

Did I really go overboard in laughing at him? Still, how can he call me stupid and press that I should never talk to him again? It brings tears to my eyes. I'm not used to heeding people berate me and even though I only know him for less than a month, I liked him a little.

Tears jump out of my eyes and flow freely while I look down, asking my mother silently If I really am at fault or did he overreact. Either way, I'm hurt now.

I don't know what to make out of this situation. I get it that he has been through a terrible break-up and it probably made him the person that he's now.

Even so, his past doesn't give him the right to behave meanly with other people. But even I was in equally wrong here to have laughed like a maniac upon seeing his face.

Argh!

Life is so distressing sometimes.

'...'

After that incident, a week passed by and my neighbor ignores me totally now. He doesn't smile or wave his hands at me like he used to. And I don't have the nerve to apologize to him either. This caused a huge crack in our developing bond and I, for the second time in my life, felt helpless.

I haven't said anything to my father yet but I've seen my neighbour conversing with my father normally as always. I didn't want to ruin their relationship by disclosing our issue to my father and so I remained shut...

If this is how we are meant to be, then let it be. I do feel miserable that a bond that hasn't even grown well has been extinguished already but isn't that just how life is?

The people we least expect get cut off from us in the most unpredicted ways and times...

________________________

So guys, what do think of the story so far? And are you guys excited to see how these two are gonna patch up?🧐