14

Comment👀

Vishwa

Who could have thought Kuyili was this strong? But I'm not indignant over her. How could I when she was crying profusely? Also, it was an unintentional act and it's meaningless to berate her.

Besides, my headaches every now and then. I don't think I will be able to attend the office anytime soon. I need a good period of rest. My senses closed off without my consent and I was pulled into a profound state of slumber.

Once the effect of medications is reduced mildly, my eyes open on its own. Judging by the weather outside, I deemed it to be noon. No wonder I'm starving already...

But there's no one in my room. Oh well, I don't have a family anyway. And Kuyili and her father are nothing more than my neighbors. God, why am I even thinking about them?

Shaking my head, I saunter towards the restroom and finish my business there. As I retreat, I see Kuyili in the ward with a hot box in her hand. "I brought you lunch, a home-cooked one," I squint my eyes at her concern.

"Compensating for your action, huh?" I quirk one of my eyebrows and sit back on the bed. She watches me silently and places the hot box beside me.

"Does it hurt now?" She queries worried, referring to my head. "No, it doesn't hurt at all. I feel like I'm floating in heaven to be very honest..." I say sarcastically, grabbing the hot box and opening it.

"Why are you suddenly acting so coldly?" She wonders out loud and I give her a perplexed look.

"You were talking so sweetly with me in the morning and even hid the truth about your injury to my father to help me..." She says confusedly while I offer her an uninterested glance before responding.

"That's the effects of medications genius. I was vulnerable then...and I don't even clearly remember what I spoke to you in the morning. All I could rewind is your weeping and I'm not that insensitive to let your father know about your reckless act. He would have been disappointed with you," shrugging at her, I proceed to dig into the lunch when Kuyili suddenly halts me.

"I brought your toothbrush and paste too. Your flat was unlocked..." She attests tentatively and retracts the said objects from her bag. "How considerate..." I put the food away and get hold of my toothpaste and brush with a thankful smile.

Being done with brushing, I continued to have the lunch prepared by Kuyili. "Did you have lunch yet?" I ask halfway through eating the food. "No, I'm not hungry," Oh, I nod at her.

"So...you are like this always? Cold?" I glance her way indifferently and she keeps going. "Nice, don't change the track of your character mister," she shows thumbs up with both of her hands and sighs to herself.

What's wrong with her? She's behaving strangely.

"The doctor said that you will be discharged by evening," Kuyili expresses and I acknowledge her words with a nod of my head. "He also told me that you should take well rest. If not, the injury could cause you more pain in the head and would seize plenty of time to be healed completely," She speaks further and her voice sounds hesitant and concerned.

"Hm," I hum, not certainly in the mood to reply to her.

Henceforth, she stayed quiet and I went on to consume the food. Once I was done, I washed my hands and returned to the room.

"Aren't you retreating?" I inquire, surprised as Kuyili reclines back on the tiny bed that is located adjacent to the wall.

"No...um, you will be discharged within a few hours. So I supposed that I could give you company until then and we could get back to the apartment together," Oh, I stare at her wordlessly. She must be feeling way too remorseful for her actions. If not, she wouldn't be going out of her way to care for me. Well, If this renders her feel less guilty, I'm not one to oppose it.

"Okay, but don't disturb me," I nonchalantly say to her before lying on the bed.

The fatigue still doesn't seem to lessen and as a result, my eyelids shut on their own again. However, the feeling of someone's eyes on me evokes distraction and I instinctively glance towards my left side. Upon getting caught staring, Kuyili swiftly looks down at her bag.

"You...If you're planning to creep me out by looking at me like that, you are more than welcome to get out of here," I assert wearily which appears to have infuriated my neighbor as she abruptly moves out of the room while mumbling in a low tone...

Manasula Shah Rukh Khan nu nenapu!

Does he think he's Shah Rukh Khan?

I roll my eyes at her words. But the fact is that she's adorable when she becomes annoyed. I smiled to myself and eventually lulled myself to slumber.

At about 5 pm, I was discharged and Kuyili paid the remaining bills as I don't possess my mobile and purse right now. I have to pay her back once we reach our apartments...

We got in an auto to attain our destination and during the ride, even though my head hurt, I acted normal, not wanting my neighbor to feel more apologetic.

The girl already looks tragic with her droopy eyes. Devoid of any makeup, her wheatish skin bears hints of dullness. She currently has her head slanted as she seizes on the outside scenarios...

And there's a little mole in her cheek...

Wait, that's irrelevant. Why am I analyzing her like this all of a sudden?

Taking me aback, Kuyili sticks her fingers at my arm, "Now...you are creeping me out mister," she mutters, staying in the same position and moving her eyeballs to gaze at me.

"...manasula enna Aishwarya Rai nu nenapa?" (Do you think of yourself as Aishwarya Rai or what?) I ask comedically, in the same manner as she did back when we were in the hospital.

Kuyili giggles at my words and I smile back, finding the situation rather amusing.

A comfortable quietude wafted between us for the rest of the ride and...after a long time, I felt completely at peace.

___________________________