Chapter 32

AORA

"Aora,why have you been avoiding me?" He asked.

"I've not been avoiding you. We've been talking, like for example now...we are talking ain't we?" I answered feeling uneasy.

"C'mon, you know what I mean. I've been texting and calling all to no avail. If not that we're in a public environment right now, you wouldn't have given me even a blink." He said looking frustrated.

"Look, okay you got me,I have been avoiding you. But I have my own reasons as to why I've been doing so."

-what am I even saying, you know why I've been avoiding you." I finished.

"I know that, but I'm not to blame to be honest, you are the one to be blamed. Avoiding me won't solve the case." He said looking into my eyes.

"Excuse you? It's my fault? How exactly is it my fault? Please expound on that." I said

"Sigh.. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that,it's not your fault okay, I get it, but please stop avoiding me, that's all I'm asking." He said and sighed.

"Fine, we'll see about that, but for now just give me till tomorrow. I'll be okay by then." I replied.

He looked at me warringly before he shut his eyes and took a deep breath.

"Fine. But at least can I get a hug, you know, to symbolize you talking to me again?" He asked.

"Tomorrow." Was my simple reply as I walked out of the cafeteria.

It was breaktime and I just couldn't stand the looks I was getting from Millan. He looked pissed and angry.

This is not what I signed up for.

I just wish I could've gone home when I had the chance to and let Liz stay with Rod and Millan.

It's been a week, since all the drama happened and it feels like everytime my lungs get thin and my heart can't contract and expand hence leaving me with no air to breath.

This feeling is horrible.

MILLAN

I still couldn't take in what happened last week. Everything seemed hazy that day. I felt like my whole body was numb. I didn't know that things could be so ephemeral.

But it seems like I'm entrenched. I missed her like crazy. The thought of her just spreads a smile across my face.

But what she did to me still hurts. It's like I'm being pierced by a long,sharp arrow across my chest.

It's been a week of silent treatment between the both of us. Rod has been advising me to let bygones be bygones, but I just can't.

Aora couldn't give me a clear explanation of why she did what she did. She has refused to talk to me, which resulted in my reciprocation to her silent treatment.

"For how long will you two continue like this?" Rod asked

"Did you see how close they were standing just now?" I asked.

- I don't even know how I got to this point to be honest. Instead of being angry at her, I'm angry at myself for not being angry at her." I said, Rod looking at me, no, staring at me.

"You can't hate her, cause you two ain't a couple for one, and two,we both know that you did something to her that resulted in what you saw." Rod commented.

"I've done nothing to her. We were getting somewhere,I want something serious between us, but seems like she doesn't want the same." I said

"Knowing Aora, probably she feels something towards you too, but there's something that's stopping and triggered her to do what she did. I've been with her and I know that she..."