Chapter 19

Aora
                       $$$$$$$$$$$$$

I ran out of the dining hall and ran to the school garden since it was the only secluded place at that time. I just couldn't believe that me and Rodney were over,and the pity my friends were giving me just made it worse.

I was deep in thoughts when I felt hands on my shoulder. I didn't bother to look since I knew it could be one of my friends or Rodney himself.

"Hey."That voice actually made me turn my head.

It was Liz.

I quickly wiped my tears using the back of my hands."hey,I didn't know it was you."I answer as I try my best to put up a smile.

She looks and me for some minutes before she sighs and says"you don't have to hide it,I saw you crying in the dining hall. Actually alot of people saw you and that's why I followed you here." She keeps quiet for some seconds before continuing"I know that you're cause of Rodney."I quickly glance at her before she takes my hands into hers.

"I talked to Rod during break time and he explained everything that happened this morning. I know that it's difficult not to love him, I've been there before and I understand pretty well. Plus he was the one at fault here and not you. Trust me I don't blame you one bit..." I zoned out at the last statement I heard.

'Aora, did you just hear her say that you are not to blame and that you should trust her? please slap yourself'

My subconscious talks and I just can't fathom what this girl is saying.

"Ouch!Why did you have to pinch me?"I ask as I rub the affected area.

"Well I was talking to you and before I new it I found myself talking to the statue of liberty. Gosh you zoned out on me."she finished and rolled her eyes.

"I'm sorry,my mind just decided to sleep for some seconds, but I'm good."I said as I removed my hands from hers.

She smiled a little and took my hands again.'what's with this girl and my hands haba.' "As I was saying,I want to thank you for letting Rodney go. You're indeed a woman of your words."she finished and smiled at me.

I looked at myself and then at her"so you want to say that I'm already in my late twenties or early thirties. Why did you call me a woman?"I raise my brows after saying that.

She laughs so loud which makes me look at my sorrounding.'is this one mad' I tell myself as I stare at her.

"Your facial expressions are major."she says as she continues laughing. Her laughter made me smile a little. I then chuckled and stared ahead.

"You can let go of my hands now."I said as I wore a serious face. We remained silent for some time before I realized that the bell had already gone.

"You should go to class now,I think you're a few minutes late and...."she cut me shot before she spoke. "Are you going to class?"she asked.

"Nope I just want to clear my head first. I'll attend the next class ca...."before I could finish"so it's sorted, I'm not leaving you here. We'll go to class together, and if you're not going I'm not going either."she finishes as she tucks her hands into my elbow since my fingers were intertwined together.

She smiles at me and places her head on my shoulder.

'what is wrong with this one today? or she's just too excited to be back together with Rodney. I should just push her to the ground and punch her real hard.' I say to myself but oppose to it.