Chapter 17

Aora's POV

I've not heard from or talked to Rod since our last encounter in school. I've been ignoring him every chance I get and to say the truth I'm not ready to talk to him anytime soon.

It's been 2 weeks now since we last spoke and it doesn't hurt to say that I don't miss him, at allll.

Yes I did miss him at first, but after hanging out with Liz that weekend, my mind was totally made up.

Oops!! Sorry I forgot to mention how my outing with my rival went.

Flashback......

It was Saturday morning that I got a text from Liz reminding me of our 'date'... I saw the text and replied it with a simple okay.

I did my chores and by 12 noon, I was done. I cooked lunch which was deep fried fish with ugali and also made some kachumbari.

After cooking I went ahead to take a shower. Whilr debating on what to wear, I heard a knock on my bedroom door.

"Yoh, siz. You're date is here "said Natty while biting her nails.

"Who? Liz?"I was surprised.. This girl had no chills. Couldn't she wait for me to get to our meeting point.

"No, our pastor " said Natty sarcastically. "Ofcourse it's Liz, who else were you expecting? "

Before I could even answer Natty had already left. I quickly settled on a pair of blue denim shorts, a long black top with short sleeves with a length reaching almost my knee with slits on both sides. I then settled with black black and white sneakers to match my top which was black with white drawing of a cat on my chest.

My hair was in neat braids which I had recently plated. I tied one side and left the other side flowing. With some light make-up, I decided it was an okay look.

Coming down from the stairs liz saw me and stood up.

"Damn girl, you look sexy. "She said smiling, which ofcourse looked sincere.

"Tha... " before I could finish my sentence.

"I mean it... You are really beautiful. I know that I've never told you but it's the truth. "She said coming my way.

"Okay I've heard you, no need to come closer. You're starting to sound weird. "I said going to the kitchen to grab some food to eat. I was starving.

As I was in the kitchen serving, I heard footsteps coming, I thought it was Natty coming to serve but on looking at the door, I saw Liz standing there.

'This girl is really weird' I said to myself.

"Can you serve some for me? I'm srerving too. "She said pouting her mouth.

"Hell to the no. We're going out, I'll take you to eat while I listen to the reason why you invited me in the first place " I said as I finished serving my food.

"Why don't we just hang out in your house instead, azin in your room if you don't mind, of which I know that you definitely mind. But please, can you serve me some food, we'll talk while eating. I won't stop begging for that food until you serve me cause it looks yummy "she finished.

"First of all you're right ,I do mind you staying in my room. Secondly, I'll serve you.. But table manners, no speaking till we're done with eating " before I could finish.

"It's okay.. But we're definitely going to eat in your room. I want to have a serious discussion with you. "She finished as she picked her plate.

I led Liz to my room since I realised that she won't stop insisting.

"Okay, not bad. It's actually gorgeous. I love it. "She said as she sat on my bed.

"Just shut up and eat. Thank you though for the compliment. "

After eating, I called Natty to help me take the dirty plates to the kitchen since I didn't trust leaving Liz in my room.

"So, you wanted to talk to me. " I said as I tried settling at my bedroom chair.

"Yeah. So I know that you and I started off on the wrong foot and all, but I want us to rectify it. I want us to be friends and put all the shit that happened between us A-side. Please forgive me for everything that I've ever done to hurt you. Please accept my apology Aora. "She said almost in tears.

"Forgiving you ain't a problem. But why are you so bent on us becoming friends? We've been enemies for far too long until I was used to being your enemy. Actually I was even enjoying it. "I finished .

"Okay. Rod and I have had some differences since the time I started treating you badly and picking fights with you for no reasons and we've been okay for some time now but he told me that he will come back to me fully if I befriend you and put our difference aside. I know that it's a hard thing for you to do, but please help me get my man back.I love him so much"she said amidst tears

"And when did he tell you that?? " I asked.

"Long before I started acting weird and polite towards you. "She finalised while wiping her eyes

'That son of a biiitch, he's been playing me even before we broke up'

It was then that I realised that Liz wasn't a bad person at all. She is just a girl who's in love and ready to do anything to please her boyfriend.

"It's okay Liz, I'll help you with that . We'll be friends for the sake of your relationship. But after you two are cool, we can continue with our beef. "I said as I tried standing up.

Before I knew what was happening, I was engulfed in a bone crushing hug by Liz. I didn't even see her standing.

"Thank you so much Aora. I'll go tell Rod as soon as possible so that he can finally accept me back. I owe you Aora, you're indeed a good person, and I'll never forget this gesture that you've shown me today " Liz said while letting me go.

"It's okay."I said with a fake smile cause deep down I was hurting, wrecking inside and also crying. How could he cheat on me.

"I have to go Aora, thank you for the meal, it was yummy by the way, I'll come for a procedure. And thank you once again for accepting to do me this favour after all the horrible things that I've done to you ."she said

"Nope it's nothing."

Liz finally left after our conversation, and for that reason I decided that me and Rod were done for good.

End of flashback.

And that is the reason I even thank God that my relationship with him didn't even last long, cause I could have been being played like a football without rules in the field.

Hey guys, I know it's a short chapter, but hope that you will enjoy.
Kindly share your views and comments.
Love you guys 😍😘😘