chapter 3

"Stupid alarm " I say as I try to switch it off.

It's Monday the 2nd day of the week.. Oh God I hate Mondays,'who hates Mondays like me?? I thought so' cause you've just come up from the lazy weekend and then,boom!, you just have to get busy all of a sudden..

It's 5 in the morning... I get up lazily and go downstairs to make breakfast before mom gets up and thunder strikes again.. I run back to my room to take a quick shower, checking the time, it's already 6.15 and I should be in school by 7.10 ...I take out my neatly arranged uniform, a white short sleeved shirt, a black short skirt reaching above my knee, white socks black shoes and black and white striped tie since I'm a prefect but normal students just wear a black tie, male students the same but if they like they wear shorts or trousers.

I run quickly to take my breakfast and when I'm done mom looks at me and freezes..

"Are you sick?? " mom asks .

"Where.... " I don't let her finish. I run to kiss her and run outside to meet my driver Mr Bakari who takes me to school everyday and picks me up after... He looks at me and I greet him... He smiles at me and I wonder why... He doesn't dare speak cause when I'm late to school I'm unbearable...

We reach the school gate at around 7.05..I thank him and wave him goodbye, he waves back and smiles again.. Since I don't want to be late, I greet the gateman and run to my class which is on the second floor.

I enter the class at 7.09 and everyone laughs at me especially Patty and Nuru... Before I ask what's happening, the maths teacher comes in and everyone keeps quiet... You dare not mess around with Mr Uguny if you don't want suspension after assembly...

He greets, looks around and his eyes land on me... What's wrong.. He laughs.

"Miss Kouber, did you sleep at home or in a chicken house?? He asks and everyone erupts. Oh my God I feel so embarrassed ...

"What's wrong with your hair??,you better come back to school real quick, next time sleep at home " he finishes.

With that, I recall that I was playing with my hair before I slept and I didn't even look at the mirror before I left my room, now understand why everyone was behaving weird. From my to Mr Bakari and now this... Tears are almost falling from my eyes  but I swallow them back.. I sit down for Mr Uguny to finish his 40mins lesson before we (prefects) go for roundings to check the school.

After the class I know students will be so many in the school compound 'I'm so dead 'I mutter to myself and walk out of the class to the washrooms.. I can see students laughing, others gossiping and smiling and others are just flabbergasted

"Aora,, what were you thinking coming to school like this?? "Nuru asks as she enters with a comb and starts combing my hair.

"Don't even ask please, I'm so embarrassed already with the pegs on my hair and, Oh God " I say as I lean properly for her to finish.

I then put it into a bunn and get out of the bathroom... I look better now, what I'm I even saying, I look normal now.

The bell for assembly rings. Nuru and I rush to the assembly hall. The best thing about our assembly is that we always sit down. We only stand when we're singing the anthem and praying. After the assembly we went back to class for our normal lessons.

The first three periods go faster and it's break time... My deskmate Nancy asks me to help her in physics since we were in science class.

"Did you hear the gist?? " Nancy asks.

"What gist?? Please let's just focus on classwork" I answer her, since I don't have the energy for that. But my words landed on deaf ears.

"I can't wait Aora,yesterday while at a certain party I heard,,, wait I saw Fiona hugging and kissing another boy "Nancy said, and that kind of shocked me.

"That's not all, Millan doesn't know since he wasn't at the party " Patricia came from nowhere and continued with the gist. Nuru was as shocked as i was since she didn't know about this .

Let me vividly describe my friends

Nuru :my age mate, light skinned (she's a Muslim) short but not that short, curvy and talkative.. Likes smiling alot but when angry can mess you real bad ,she wears hijab 

Patricia :age mate, height mate, chocolate in skin colour, medium body shape, she's just perfect, not that talkative but very cheeky, her hair is braided

Nancy :mellanin goddess, very beautiful, slender, taller than both I and Patty, smiling machine but very cunning ,short hair

Me:chocolate complexity, average height, small boobs, slightly big yansh and hips, small waist ,not smiling type but when I do you'll love it, overreact when offended and to finish it up I have a bewitching gap

So we are beautiful, well about Fiona on the next chapter

Please comment
And vote ☑️