Chapter 21

AORA

Today is on a weekend and I'm so happy that there's no school. The week has been hectic at school that I couldn't get enough sleep. Heck the whole school b.c couldn't sleep..the teachers decided to hurt our brains a little.

Anyway, today is Saturday and as we all know by now that in Mrs. Kouber's house,the law of Saturday's is thorough cleaning day. And there should be no compromise at that, unless you want to end up teethless.

Checking the time right now it's 6.30 am and i'm supposed to abandon my sweet sleep to go and start on the house chores. I lazily step down from my bed put on my sweat short and a crop top ready to start my day.  I loved and hated Saturdays because of not going to school and because of the thorough work respectively.

As I pass through the dining room, I see my mom seated there taking her breakfast.

"Morning mum."I greet her.

"Morning darling, how was your night ?"she asks taking a sip of her mint tea.

"It was short and sweet. "I reply as I move into the kitchen to start with the dishes. My mum just smiles and nods to my reply.

I didn't forget to carry my phone and earphones so that I could listen to music as I do my work. I plugged in my earphones and searched for my favourite song nwantiti by ckay and joeboy. This song just makes me feel like I'm in cloud nine.

As my mind and soul wendered with the music and the dishes, I couldn't here my mum calling me from the background, until I felt a sharp pinch on my waist.

"Oouucchh!"I screamed. "Mum what was that for ?"I asked rubbing at the sore spot. I could see Natty trying to muffle her laughter as she was helping mum with the plates that she had used for breakfast. I wonder when she woke up.

"Hmmm,and that is how someone can come and steal something without you knowing. "Mum said searching for something in her purse.

"Before I forget, I know that this week has been tough for the both of you with school work. I can even see the bugs in your eyes.  So, today there will be no thorough cleaning..you two can go back to sleep ."she finished .

Whatever has entered into my mum today,may it enter every day.

I couldn't believe my ears.

I could see Natty jumping up and down with excitement.

"Thank you mum."was all I heard before Natty ran back to her room.

"Come back here Natty !"yes. That was definitely my mum. Before seconds Natty was already here.

"Finish up with the dishes and Natty finish up with the sweeping first before you go back to bed. "Mum said as she headed for the door.

"Okay mum, have a lovely day. We love you. "We chorused with Natty. And with that she was out of sight.

We quickly did what we were told and went back to bed. To say that I was tired was an understatement, i was exhausted.

Before long I was in lala land.

I could hear joeboy's beginning to fall in love singing.  I thought it was a dream so I continued with my sleep. After a few seconds I could hear it again. Then it hit me, it was my ringtone. Without checking the id caller, i picked.

Me:Hmmm

Caller:Hey bess,wakey wakey.

Me:Patty what's up,you woke me up from my beautiful sleep.