Chapter 07 | Ranks

Elaire's POV

The transferring spell that I did actually took a toll on me. Kinailangan ko ng isang buong araw para ibalik 'yong mana na nagamit ko.

"I apologize," I said, emptily, at Kaelis who has just finished ranting about how he thought I was backing out of the fight against Exequor. "Something happened. I had to regain my strength."

"You feel sorry when you apologize, Elle," aniya.

Kumisap-kisap na lamang ako.

He sighed and gestured me to sit in between Vesper and Aclisia.

"Harmon, ikaw pa rin ang magiging frontline natin." Inumpisahan ni Kaelis ang pagdi-discuss ng strategy namin sa arena. "Aclisia, you still have to keep us healed and protected. Don't stray from your role. We need you to protect us. Not fight. Kami na nina Elle at Vesper ang bahala no'n."

"Okay," Aclisia agreed, her green eyes wondering about the many spells that could heal and protect us.

"Just do you, Vesper, while I provide support where it's needed, right, Elle?" tanong ni Kaelis. "I will also be covering the flanks."

Inangat ko ang aking kamay upang bigyan siya ng isang thumbs up.

Ayoko siyang kausapin. Masama pa ang loob ko dahil pinagalitan niya ako.

Binaba ko ang aking kamay.

"What are we gonna do with that Ice?" ani Vesper. "Are we going to kill him first?"

"Elle will take care of him." Tinignan ako ni Kaelis. "Right, Elle?"

Muli akong nag-thumbs up.

They then continued to talk about the five Exequor members that we're going up against— aside from Ice, there's Exequor's leader who was a shadow mage. There's also one who they call their trapper, and the remaining two were beastmasters, mages who can summon animals or beasts.

"I'll see you before the battle starts," Kaelis ended the meeting and was the first to go out.

Isa-isa ring nagsilabasan 'yong iba para maghanda. Samantalang, tumayo ako at kinuha ang sirang shield na nakasandal sa isang sulok ng mala-kuwebang silid.

Puting the silver shield on the table, I glanced at the reflection of my canine teeth growing. With my mouth open, I pushed my thumb hard against one of my sharpened teeth and swiped it, slicing skin. Pagkatapos, ipinaibabaw ko ang aking daliri sa shield at pinapatak ang dugo ko rito.

"Per sanguinem, possum videre," I said under my breath.

'Through blood, I can see.'

The red of my blood slowly spread to cover the silver of the shield, before it showed me a glimpse of the battle that has not yet happened.

'Per sanguinem, possum videre' is an advanced spell that lets me see a bit of the future.

It requires my blood and a reflective surface.

The spell itself is pretty unique to me. Ako lang ang kilala kong gumagamit ng spell na ito. But as for its ability, hindi lang ako ang may kakayahang makakita ng hinaharap.

There are other spells like it, for the different kinds of magic.

Light mages see the future through light. Fire mages can see the future through fire. Water, through water. Shadow, through shadows.

A lot of spells can show the future, but only those powerful enough can activate them, as it requires plenty of mana and great concentration.

Nanliliit ang mga mata sa panghihinala, pinanood ko sa repleksyon kung paano papatayin ng Exequor ang aking mga kasama.