Chapter 44 | Queen of Bloodshed

Oceanus' POV

A kiss. A moment in my life I wish I could freeze. And just like that, I was a husband to a beautiful wife.

Namungay ang aking mga mata sa labi niyang dahan-dahang lumayo sa'kin. Dama pa rin ang lambot ng mga ito, humilig nang kaunti ang aking ulo, bago ko iginiya ang kanyang panga pasalubong sa akin at muli ko siyang hinalikan nang mas matagal, mas mariin.

She seemed relieved as she kissed me back and in the middle of it, I smiled, gently pulling her close to me.

The wedding ceremony was rushed and not every noble and admiral could attend. Most of them are currently fighting off the increasing Ashinian forces and we ought to follow them right after the ceremony. It was funny, and maybe a bit disappointing, how our honeymoon is going to be spent at the camps, but I couldn't care less. For what matters, is her. Us.

Hindi marangya ang kasal namin. Ito lang 'yong tipong pangkaraniwan. It was short and my coronation that followed was shorter. Simpler. And a king's crown turned out to be heavier than I expected. Agad ko itong inilapag sa mesa nang makapasok kami sa kwarto. Pagkatapos, lumapit ako sa kanya upang tulungan siya sa pagtanggal ng suot niyang mahabang belo. She seemed to be more tired than usual.

"Are you okay?" Tinanggal ko na rin ang suot niyang pilak na korona kasama ang belo. Dumako ako sa mesa upang ipatong ang mga ito rito at saka bumalik sa likod niya nang maalalayan siya sa pagbihis. "You know, Emnestra, we can travel to the camps tomorrow." Unbuttoning the spine of her white dress, I suggested, "Let's stay here the whole day... rest..." The silky fabric smoothly slipped off of her to reveal her lean back and shoulders... and a scar. An arrow scar.

Nanatili akong nakatitig dito habang pinagpatuloy niya ang paghubad ng kanyang damit. "Hindi pwede." She pulled the sleeves off. "I already called for a gathering with the admirals tonight, and battalion leaders—" Napahinto siya nang maramdaman ang marahang pagsagi ng aking mga daliri sa bakas ng malalim na sugat sa likod ng kanyang balikat.

"Does it still hurt?" I asked, tracing the wound with a finger.

"I don't know, my king." She turned around to face me. "You tell me."

Binaba ko ang aking kamay. It hurts me, I wanted to say, but the full view of her bare chest kept my mouth shut. I licked my lips, hindi alam kung anong isasagot. I have seen her every corner, every crevice, and yet here I am, still getting stunned by her naked peaks.

"Our tent has a strong bed, right?" seryoso kong tanong. "Considering that we're on our honeymoon—"

"You'll be staying in the barracks," aniya. "With the other soldiers—"

Puminta ang irita sa aking mukha. "What?!" pasigaw kong bulong. "What the fuck?" Tila nakalasa ako ng pait na lumukot ng aking ekspresyon. "No."

"Oceanus, hindi tayo pwedeng mag-aksaya ng tents—"

"No."

"We can get a tent but we have to share it—"

"Your mother used to have her own tent." Naalala ko. "Why can't we?"

"Because..." She reached to unbutton the collar of my king's tunic. "We're trying to save resources..."

Mula sa kanyang mukha, muling bumaba ang aking tingin sa hubad niyang dibdib. "No privacy for us, then?" I smirked. "How thrilling."

Mahina niya akong tinulak bago ako bitawan. I chuckled, and helped myself in taking off my clothes while walking towards the clothing rack where she stood and pulled out her combat garb— red leather adorned with black straps underneath a body-shaping silver armor.