Act 12: L.E.A.F Text, Round 3

3rd person POV

"what do you think the third round will be?"

Tempest asked to Aster. All plants were eating their dinners after the labyrinth event. Aster thought for a moment, what will the next event be? And what's up with Noah? His cheeks always turns red seeing Sunny. After a few moment of silence and thinking, Aster finally spoke up.

"I don't know, what do you think it will be? First round was based on teamwork and second of how smart we are" Aster replied while sinking her teeth into the juicy meat.

"Maybe about our skills? Not fighting but...speed? Or something like that" Tempest said as she drank her apple juice.

"Could be" Aster noted.

As many humans and plants chatted and ate their dinner, two plant entered to the cafeteria. Aster and Tempest turned to see the plants who entered. One seemed to look just like Locher but this one is white and cyan furred with blue horns and wings, darker blue body and the leaves were more lighter cyan. The other one is based on opuntia, a genus in the cactus plant family, possibly the beavertail cactus due to the color of her flower. Both plants stood on a empty table ti'll they are facing the humans and plants.

"Goodnight citizens!" The feminine spoke.

Everyone looked at the two plants direction. Aster and Tempest looked at each other confused and then looked back at the two plants.

"Name's Dusk, Dusk the dusk lobber, this is Jackson, Jackson the cold snapdragon, we are Kernel Corn's defenders and we are here to announce that you will see us in round 3 and possible other rounds" Dusk announced.

"Defenders?" Aster asked.

"Sounds cool!" Tempest smiled.

"Each of us in charge of the exams have a very specific thing to test on you, such as Law Pea who will test your strength and battle skills for example, we only test three things: speed, high jumps and courage" Jackson continued, staring down at the humans and plants.

"Oh boy...that means we either have to run, jump or face our fears.." Aster looked at Tempest concerned.

Tempest nodded in agreement "wonder what challenge they porpoise us"

"With that said, we will see you all this morning in the meeting area, we expect you all to be the earliest" Dusk finished before getting off the table and walked to the exit, followed by Jackson.

"Yep...if we have to be early that means it's about speed" Aster noted.

"I have a feeling it won't be easy with those angry faces" Tempest pointed out.

Aster nodded. She just hoped they can succeed. If Kernel Corn will be present with them, that means the challenge will be in another level of difficulty. Both females silently ate their dinner and then left the cafeteria after finishing. Aster and Tempest silently walked into the exit of the Food Supply Section. Tempest finally broke the silence.

"Snowy flower, do you want to go on a nighttime hunt with me?" Tempest looked at her pleadingly.

"I don't know...I don't want to worry my siblings, plus, if we oversleep, Dusk will kill us." Aster looked concerned.

"Please, snowy flower? It will be quick! Just the two of us before we fight each other again!"

Aster blushed hearing what she said and smiled "fine, where are we going to hunt?" She asked.

"By the dock! We can go get a fish! Maybe give you a try in raw" There was a hint of excitment in Tempest's eyes.

Aster followed Tempest out of the base. They walked silently, so nobody couldn't hear them sneak away. When they stopped at the lake, they looked at each other and smiled. Yeah, this should be fun. Suddenly, Aster leaped at the water, sending large waves of water up in the air, falling onto Tempest. Tempest craned her neck down, closing her eyes. Aster laughed as Tempest shook the water off, she grinned and leaped after Aster.